ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Any racers in Ohio??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 06:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iceman or Ben what kind of riding is it at Elson St? Where is it located? I am always looking for new mx tracks, let me know.

Thanks, Chris

Old 09-24-2001, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Elson St. riding park is located on Rt.43 between Battlesburg MX and Malvern MX.

It's just trail riding though, but if you have never heard of Battlesburg it is a fun place to practice.

IceMan11, Get your Raptor back together?

Old 09-25-2001, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

Yep, got the Raptor back together, and it's running good :-). The dealer actually replaced the a-arm for free (got the warranty to cover it. woohoo!)

Elson Street is almost all trail riding. If that's what you like, the place is good. I really don't think it would be worth the drive from PA to go to, it's not really that big.

I actually found another place to ride this past weekend that's fairly nice. I seems the state of ohio bought a piece of land near Strawsburg, OH (south of Massillon OH) that they have opened up for offroad use. It's basically an old strip mine, so it's pretty wide open with some ok hillclimbs, and some nice jumps. If you're look to race MX, this might be a good place to practice. When I was there this past sunday I bet there was about 20 people there (on quads, dirt bikes, 4x4 trucks, etc). There's no MX track there, but I'm sure the terrain there is fairly similar to a MX course. There is even a set of hills there that resembles a double. I saw a guy on a dirt bike do it, haven't seen anyone on a quad do it tho. This place isn't all that huge either, but if you're from the Massillon/Canton/Wooster/Orville/Dover/New Philly area, it's worth checking out... Here are some real quick directions to it:

Get off at Strawsburg exit (State Route 21) on I-77 and head north. Turn Left at the first left you can make. If you pass a Hardees you're gone too far. Not too far down this road, it makes a sharp left, and there is a dirt trail going straight. Get on this dirt trail. Turn left at the second left you can make. Follow the trail back and find a safe place to park and enjoy the ride.

BenjaminPQ, if you're not up to anything Saturday, I think I'll be heading out there. Would like someone to go along since my riding buddy is gonna be PW'd this coming weekend. Drop me a note if you wanna go.

Old 09-25-2001, 10:38 PM
Range Rover

Iceman I live a little over an hour from massillon. Are you going saturday or sunday? If you want to hook up on sunday I can probably make it but just not saturday. have a wedding to go to.. Have you ever been to Dirtworld out in dorsett? Awesome track. Drop me a line if you want to hook up..
Scott

Old 09-26-2001, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

anyone got any pics or directions to the ses places by massislin?

Old 09-26-2001, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone interested in starting a racing group in NEO. This would be just for fun and maybe to meet up with people to go to a race with. I only race in scrambles and GNCC. I would be willing to maintain a contact list and email members information on up coming races and other points of interest.

Old 09-26-2001, 09:30 PM
Range Rover

Hell yea count me in... I want to race some harescrambles next year.. This sounds like a great idea..

Scott

Old 09-27-2001, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Tooey,
My brother lives in adena (250r drag bike/01 worrier) and so doesn't my nephew (01 400ex)
They ride all over, as a matter of fact I rode out your way for years and your one lucky guy. Just so much riding area out your way.
My brother drags down in hopedale and ather areas in the try-state region. Do you ride with any one down in adena.