ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

MN District 23 Mazeppa race (10-14-01)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2001 | 08:29 PM
|
Pro Rider

Hey guys -

I just wanted to pass along the race info. I talked with Golden Eagles (the sponser), they said the reason the race info wasn't posted on the district 23 website was that they don't currently have a web master.

Anyway, the quads start at 2:30pm. All classes will run 2 hours.

It seems like all the sponsers around the state are going from 1 hr to 2 hrs. Certainly gives my body a workout (more like a beating) at my old age.

Hope to see you guys there.

ogre

Old 10-04-2001 | 11:52 PM
Range Rover

Theres a good chance Gaetan and I will be there. Hopefully it won't be to chilly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Btw did you go to Akeley HS?

Old 10-05-2001 | 12:25 AM
|
Pro Rider

Samson -

I'm glad you guys will be there, it was starting to get lonely without the forum guys!

I'm surprised you weren't at Akeley, since it's a lot closer to Canada. I guess you didn't get your dog to tell you where he hid your wallet, huh.

Akeley was fun til the last lap. I was 3rd off the line, held that for 2 laps. Then I got really bad arm pump (I had my new steering damper set to high). So I slipped back to 6th - finally got off the quad and set it lighter - then the arm pump went away.

On the last lap, I tagged a sappling and got thrown from my quad, landing right on a big rock, in the middle of my back. Thanks to the chest protector, I only lost my breath. The 400ex hit a tree and came to a stop - still running (hey, it's a Honda [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) - it must've popped into neutral.

Anyway, I lost one position with that, ending up 7th.

It was really muddy in spots (not monticello mud, just watery mud). It was REALLY cold too.

ogre

Old 10-05-2001 | 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

hey guys ....I took 3rd at akeley ...you guys will have to introduce your self to me at mazzepa ...I starded dead last and pased every one by the time we got to the woods ..was bumpen and bangen first place guy for three laps then lost my grips and then had to bail off the gloves inorder to hang on to the slippery bars ,my hand took a sever beating they were totaly bloody at the end of the race.other than that i think i had a chance of taking the race..rick was not that fast in the woods ,but he was fast out in the open .ill be at mazzepa trying to beat him this time ,I think im a better mxer than he is ,he runs stock suspention that will hurt him on the big mazzepa jumps....also be prepaired for the new jumps and killer woooooopss they instaled there ......

Old 10-11-2001 | 06:36 PM
Range Rover

Looks like I won't be able to make it this weekend. My dad has a heart condition, so I have to do all the refinshing at our job on saturday and possibly sunday. There still is a good chance that Gaetan will show up though. BTW, they posted the YTD results on the Dist. 23 site.

Old 10-11-2001 | 11:30 PM
|
Pro Rider

Samson -

Sorry to hear you can't make it. Good to see you're helping out your Dad ~ a much better reason than "your dog took your wallet!" (laugh)

It looks like rain this weekend anyway. I'm not too excited to go, seems like we've raced in rain/mud the whole season.

ogre

Old 10-12-2001 | 12:46 AM
Range Rover

Ya what my parents dog did by taking my wallet out of my truck, was pretty funny looking back at it now. In fact, he's taken my dads wallet out of his van to HAHA. He's got a thing for shoes, cell phones, and especially wallets.

If you do decide to go, let me know how it went.

Old 10-12-2001 | 01:43 AM
|
Pro Rider

Oh, I'll go! But I'm not too excited about it (with rain and cold weather).

I'll attempt to read the future, so you won't have to wait for results.

I'll have a mid pack start, slide into the first tree I see (since it'll be muddy). Now in last place, I'll work my way up through the pack, then slide into another tree. This will continue until the end of the race. The damage to the quad will be > $500.

Wet and broken, I'll be happy to hang the quad up for the year and break out the sled.

ogre

Old 10-13-2001 | 10:21 PM
Range Rover

The Mazeppa race has been cancled according to the Dist. 23 website. Gaetan and some other guys were already half way there when I called and told them the bad news.

Old 10-14-2001 | 03:28 AM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks samson.

I'm glad I checked the web tonight. To bad I'm in Minneapolis right now! Well, there goes $60 in gas. I'd hate to be a board member of dist 23 right now - they're gonna have a few feet up their a$$. The time they posted that the race was canceled was 7:49 pm - 12 hours before the races begin (kiddie bikes start at 8 am).

I hope they have a good reason at least.

ogre

Quick Reply: MN District 23 Mazeppa race (10-14-01)