ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Southern Atv Winter Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone planning on running any of the races in the Southern Atv Winter Nationals. The schedule is posted on atvscene.com and atvaonline.com. It would be good to see a better turnout than what was at East Bend last night. It was fun and everybody was real nice. It just would be nice to see more people.

I plan on running the whole series and hope to see more people soon! The Birch Creek TT is coming up next saturday and the track is gonna be sweet. Some people came all the way from Georgia so I know others could travel as well. It would be great to see more of a GNC level turnout.

Well, hope to see you at the races guys.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Old 10-28-2001, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Well,last night at the Birch Creek TT was alot of fun. Unfortunately, very few people showed up. The track was in pretty good shape and would have been better had more people been there to roll it in.

They did however have enough pro riders to run the pro class. It was good to see them run and they made a good race out of it.

Hope to see you at the races.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Old 10-29-2001, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you remember who won the pro classes. My guys were thinking about running some of this series and were wondering if it was worth while. How many pros were there.

Old 10-29-2001, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen the schedule before and will look it up now.
But unless your from vaginia,penns.,ohio, WV your out in the cold.
Not trying to bash here but if your going to set a schedule you need to run your races so they are traveler friendly.
I have three weeks of vacation this year and three next year, I also know many who would like to head your way.
Look at the schedule from our point of view:
If you have races on consecutive week ends they require alot of travel. Then if thier close by one another thiers a week off in between these events.
I don't want to seem like I'm bitching here but come on!
For us deep south poeple we have nothing and the schedule is so fragmintated it's not doable for us!
For us, IF you see a promoter, let him know about that!!!
Thanks and good luck in your season.

Old 10-29-2001, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

atvshop there were 5 pros which as far as I know is enough to gaurantee the payout. Scott Morris won the pro class he is a "A" level national rider. I am pretty sure Nathan Dallas is coming to the rest of the races that is the word from the series manager/referee Robby Whitehead.

gaff your points are well taken, and actually Robby of ecmx.com already discussed that the schedule would be better next year i.e. not having races week after week. If you get a chance and you like running both TT and MX you should try to come to the weekends at Birch Creek and Elizabeth City. Both have excellent facilites and great mx and tt tracks.

Thanks for your replies and questions. If I can help any more let me know.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Old 10-29-2001, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Adam.
This is graet to here.
I have a son who would probably qualify in just about anything (just one of those kids you know) unfortunately all he has to compete with is me!

I work seven days off shore and seven days at home, and I also get vacations. But you know what, the schedule won't allow us to race competively.

I'm going over to that sight, but what I would realy like is some one to plea my case with.

The ama and atva has to realy get thier stuff together.
I raced twelve years as a super-comp drag bike racer and never had I had a problem with scheduling nor finding a trak.
The nhra and idba always had open ears, as well as very visible to all racers at almost all races.
The atva has no one and if you find an address or e-mail, they just show no interest.
Maybe I should start digging a little deeper and maybe I need to get more in formed to the quad instatutions.

I went to the www.atvscene site and it comes up account closed. If you could supply me with some more sites I can make things happen. When I get more informed, I'll be seeing you at the races.

Thanks, Gaff