ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Broken Bones

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went around a corner with no back brakes, I tried to get my back end to slide a little but no luck... they hooked up real good and I went over the berm... Tire came off the rim, bent my tie rod,bent wheel, and bent & cracked collar bone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Didn't think anything was wrong with my shoulder untill I tried turnin my quad. They don't turn to easy with when everything that messed up on it was all on that one side. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2001, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

I broke my 4th disc in my back, I lost control in mid air, tried to push my self a way from the bike.. I got a way for a minute, but when the bike landed it endowed in to my lower back. Got myself outta the bush though.

Attempted a killer steep climb that my banshee buddy had made. got to the top but the back tires lost traction, barrel rolled down the hill, broke my thumb and wrist on that one.

The latest one, I met my buddy coming through a cross section in the track, there was a big hill creating a blind spot of the two paths, my buddy T bones me, shattered my right knee, he flew over his bars and his head cracked 2 of my ribs... buddy got whiplash ..

So far that's it, I just got back on the quad a week ago from a few months hiatus.. I'll let you know what happens next LOL
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2001, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

Ahh well i broke my hip my wrist all my finges on my right hand my jaw and that all i can remember

Old 12-21-2001, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I never broke any bones, just feelings. Had a concusion from a crash over the finish line of my first race. Came around the turn punched it to make a pass. Thought to myself better either hit the brakes or give it more gas to clear the jump ride over it. Well, did neither. Did a sommersault after hitting the face of the landing. Got 5th place still.
Also flipped my quad on top of me. Jumped a jump all day. Then, all of a sudden, went off the side a little, and hit a rock on the face of the jump. Kicked the quad over. It landed on me, bust a rear hub and smashed the steering stem into the gas tank. Boy, jumping is fun.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well acording to the doc. I havent broken any bones but, I think he's more nuts than I. My left thumb still looks funny and hurts. I did this about 5 months ago. I think I cracked a bone in my right hand also, but I never went to the doc. for that. Its o.k. now its been about 4 1/2 months ago when I hurt it. Anyway in the same wreck when I hurt my thumb I seperated my right shoulder, and that crazy doc. gave me a sling and some pain pills and told me I could go back to work in two days! HA! HA! Later that week I went to another doc. and he laughed at the other guy and told me it would be atleast another week before I could return to work. He didnt wont to do more X-rays on my thumb though because he said the place I went to had a reputable X-ray lab. He also gave me the most important medication that I needed, something to keep the inflamation of my shoulder down (something that the other doc. forgot!) Someone tell me how much $'s these doctors make again! I know there are some good ones but some well.....

Old 12-22-2001, 08:06 AM
Range Rover

Some of the bills are starting to come in from my broken leg.

$800. for the ambulance ride
$1000. for the anaesthesiologist
$3300. for the orthopedic surgeon
Still waiting for the hospital bill for 5 day stay
Not to mention the difference of my regular pay and my disability
Man this is depressing-I gotta go lay down. ha ha

Old 12-22-2001, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Well I didnt do this on my Quad but i just got out of surgery for my left knee.Tor my acl in half and took out my meniscus in the knee.He told me it would be a LITTLE painful but it hurts bad.Physical therapy 3 times a week for a year,no riding for me for a while!

Old 03-26-2002, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

Hi,
I haven't broken any bones riding my quad, but when I rode dirt bikes I clipped a tree and broke my right arm, right hand, three fingers on my right hand, then the handle bar swung around and broke my right femur. All in one accident when I was 12. They put a rod in my leg that was removed after 11 months because I was still growing. Only a great big cast on the arm, hand and fingers. That was in September of 1999, and I am happy to say that I am injury free now.

Old 03-26-2002, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

So your what, 15 now with a Moto? Wish I had your parents. I have broken my arm twice, colar bone twice, two ribs, nose, 20 some stitches, hyper extended elbow, internally bruised hip, damaged disk in my back. I have spent more money on hospital bills than my bike, but never slowed me down on the next ride.

Old 03-26-2002, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok, guys this sucks. about 3 months ago i posted that i never broke any bones while riding. well, i jinxed myself. a little over a month after i posted on here i broke my tibia and fibia(both bones in the lower leg). it wasnt even a crash. i basically fell off while coming off of a berm. i now have a rod in my tibia(shin bone) and i am about ready to be free from any restraints(cast). man that sucked.

Quick Reply: Broken Bones