ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

lorrata lynns?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll ask her to come lonestarbanshee, but she probably will blow me off.

I sure would like to ride those MX style tracks, me and the lakota are a little heavy for those supercross tracks.

I hate hiering how every one does and were they go and all the tracks here are going supercross style. This isn't bad if your on a bike but man I'm telling you there is a couple jumps I sure hope special shows me how to take them, because my back still hurts.

The ones I'm having trouble with are the smallest 2 as well, go figure!!!!!

Old 04-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

I think I know one that u might be having a little trouble with.Is it the double after the table top in the middle of the track?I usually seat hop that one.I have seen a few quads case it prety bad there.

Old 04-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

realy it's the double coming out of the woods and the one after that down that straight were you take a right around the pole and it's rite thier, a small jump or flat or what ever it is.

The double coming off the table top over closest to the road, I hope you don't think I'm taking both of them, although that would be the best way. The first jump has no back to it so it seems like you fall for ever, but the secound one has some sand on the other side, you can realy get a run on the finish line top from there.

I just seen to many places were I was jamming my self. I watched the other quads for a few laps to see how they were taking these rough spots and they were doing the same as me, slowing way down taking it the best they can.

It was fun and a good time, just those couple spots were killing any rythum I had. I don't know maybe if you have some time soon we can head over and see were I'm going wrong.

I want to try the hammond track badly. I hier they just re-did it and that it was real nice. I also would like to get off the dried black jack mud. That stuff is either swampy or hard as a rock. Then they import the sand to try and hide it. Makes it terrible for trying to get traction. Rock hard here, rock hard with some dusty gravel on top over there, and then beach sand in some of the straights.

Hope I'm not complaining, just need more time on the new track, just when I had the old one wipped.

Lets get together in hammond soon, would love to ride there!!!

Old 04-12-2002, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

I know which ones now.I took me a few times out on the track to do the double coming out the woods back on the track.I have never seen any other quad do that one.That table closest to the car track is nuts and the double after it.I cleared that table a few times the landing sucks,it feels like your about 20 feet in the air if you clear it.I dont think I will be going for that one all the time.
That landing will kill any Quad and rider lol.

Old 04-12-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Im racing at hammond sunday,the track is suposed to be totally redone.Probley sx style.That is wear I normally ride.My favorite track is in BroughBridge.If you never been there you need to try it out.The jumps are more mx style,and they always have a good crowd of quads.It takes me 2 1/2 hrs to drive there from NewOrleans.

Old 04-13-2002, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider

send me the addy for brough bridge, I would like to try it.

I won't be home untill the 18th and then I'll be off for 3 weeks. So I will hook up with you some were.

Maybe when the little humps are worn a little on all those jumps it will make thewm a lil better for quads. But you must admit it sure is nice for a bike!!!

Old 04-13-2002, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

Stereotypical track. Bikes like it, quads dont. Here, our home town track is owned and operated by the track director of the Texoma Quad Racing Association. He's a really great guy. I asked him once to take out a braking bump in a hard turn, and the next day, it was gone!

gaff, come up and i'll show you what I'm talking about. I'll check the schedule for next weekend.

Old 04-13-2002, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

NO PROBLEM RACEWAY--The guy has his drag and street track set up, he is just starting to break ground for the MX track.

So Avondale is right off HWY 90 with the lights and car track just southwest of New ORleans?

I went to the track, Toledo Bend Motorcross, when it is worked, it is UNBELIEVABLE...........very BIG jumps.......it is by far the best track I have ever ridden...it has everything, every kind of obstacle. The guy that owns it works offshore, so it rarely gets worked. If you go, call way in advance to make sure it will be prepped. Here is the link. Click on the 'schedule' to see the BIG air.

http://www.sabinenews.com/motocross/index2.html

TQRA--I have been meaning to make a trip up there, when I get my YZ done,get back into shape, I plan on doing some races there.

Old 04-13-2002, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

mxbubs,

Not sure were your coming from but if you are on I-10 coming east or west exit on the I-310 exit just west of new orleans. This highway will bring you towards houma/boutte. I-310 is maybe a 15 minute ride, when you get to the end hang a left. This will be highway 90 west. Just ride up there about 15 min. and it's on the left, can't miss it.

On the 20th they will have a half time to the car races were they will run a open money for the bikes, wich they are throwing a extra $400 in. They also will have a mini race and quad race.

On the 21st they have a big doings as well but not sure of the money that day, but they will have 5' trouphies.

Let me know were your coming from as they have plenty tracks around and pretty much can pick your flavor!!!

Thier is plenty big air to be had at LA supercross, quite a bizzy track to ride.

Let me know when your heading our way I'll meet you there. Or were ever you all want to ride. I would like to make a trip out to the TQRA one time. I have access to a pop up I could bring to save on some funds if any ones interested.

Old 04-16-2002, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Well I went to Hammond this weekend they changed it alot.It has some huge jumps now,The faces are ranging from 5foot to 12 foot high and
from 5foot to 90 foot long.
I went on saturday to learn the new jumps to race on Sunday.I was doing all but the 90 foot triple and 90 foot ski jump before I crashed hard.I was doing a double about 60 foot long and high sided the landing.I was not able to race on Sunday I have torn legaments in my rotater cup and a fracture in my colar bone.I meet markvet and his famley from these forums there Saturday.I went back on Sunday and watched the races.There was I think 6 quads.I think every one thought it was going to raine.The last race there were 19 quads.

Gaff,I have to dig around to get you broughbridge info.
I will be a avondale this Saturday night.Probley just a spectator.

Quick Reply: lorrata lynns?