ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

1/8th mile asphalt drag racing in Southeast Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about the rejection on the email Daren. I have a new email address that is jkatv400ex@sbcglobal.net

I've not seen you for awhile. E-mail me next time you are going to St. Joe. 20 or so guys and girls are loading up and heading to Lil Sahara this coming Thursday and will be back on Monday.

Steve is back to work and is putting in long hours. Steve's still waiting on parts for his 440. Brandon did some motor mods on his Banshee and claims it runs good...I've yet to seen it run. Steve is extending the swingarm on the Pol for me.

I would like to check out the Brummely drags sometime but don't have a schedule or phone# to find out when they race. How far is Benton from St. Louis? I tried to find Benton using Map Quest with no luck. Benton is not in Map Quest's data base.

Jay

Old 05-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Jay,

Got your email address stored in my address book.

Benton is exit (or mile marker) 80 on I-55. Let's see, Festus is 175 so Benton would be about 95 miles from Festus. The track is about 3 maybe 4 minutes off of the interstate.

Glad to hear that Steve is back to work. I bet he isn't happy that he is still waiting on parts. At least he has the ol' Foreman. So what did Brandon do to his Banshee? Many people are getting into drag racing very seriously.

I don't know anything about the track at Brummely. I bet if you would get a hold of Roy Chasteen, he could tell you. What about Bradon with the 250/310 Powervalved R? He might know also.

My buddies and I are planning on going to Little Sahara for Memorial Day Weekend. Leaving the 24th and returning on the 27th. How long of a drive is it (time & miles)? Do I know any of the 20 that are going out there this weekend?

I would like to go to St Joe again soon. It seems like I have had to work every weekend. I will let you know when I will be going. Keep your fingers crossed that it will be this weekend.

Daren

Old 05-07-2002, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Daren How much more HP does the 420 long rod put out than the stage 4 kit they have? And how reliable are they both. I used to be sykoquad and asked u the other day stuff

Old 05-07-2002, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Syko CJM,

I'm guessing that by your questions and what you have said previously, that you are getting serious about drag racing. I hope this information helps you.

Stage III 420 vs Stage IV 350.
I would say peak horsepower is probably very close. In a drag race, I imagine that it would come down to the better rider. As far as rideability and torque, the Stage 3 420 would be the winner.

Stage IV 420 vs Stage IV 350
The difference would probably be significant. Ask Jay about the Trinity Stage IV 420 on alcohol that runs at Bonne Terre Sand Drags. I think it belongs to a guy named Donny??? Anyways, that bike has been around since 97 with 4 different owners that I know of. I don't know why, but last time that I saw it, it didn't seem hardly any quicker than mine.

As far as reliability, it has been flawless. I have been running this engine since June of 2000 and haven't done anything to it except to put in new clutch plates. I can't stand having a slipping clutch.

Check out trinityracing.com and go to the porting page. It describes the different stages of porting. As far as 420 vs 350, you could call Harry and I'm sure that he would be happy to give you the low down. He might would even send you dyno charts.

Hopefully we can all get together at St Joe sometime soon. Maybe even this weekend.

Daren

Old 05-07-2002, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

What is the prices on the 420 kits? Whats goin on is im selling my Raptor and goin to get a Banshee used most likely and send it to Trinity immediately and have them perfrom some magic. Also what year Banshee would you recomend, they are about the same from what I see. Thanx for your help and sory for keep bothering you.

Old 05-07-2002, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

If it were me, I would try to buy a newer model. It doesn't really matter just as long as the transmission shifts well. Last I knew the 420 kit was $1100. The porting prices are on their webpage, usually run around $400-$500 depending on what you want. Carbs and intakes around $600. Labor $250. Shipping cost me $64.52 from Trinity to here. So about $130 round trip UPS.

Mine is a 98 white/blue. I plan to sell it and build a different one. It is going to take some serious sweet talking to my pregnant wife, but I think she'll let me. Just glad I could help.

Daren

Old 05-07-2002, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

so the kit will be around $2500 not bad at all from power you get. I just want around 70HP. I doubt it would be too good for woods and stuff? Do you have aol? if so Im me at cjm660 thanx

Old 05-07-2002, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure that my bike is over 70 hp. My bill from Trinity was $2635. That was everything except shipping out there and I did not get their pipes. I already had a set of pipes.

Email me.

Old 05-08-2002, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

CJM660...Daren is the guy I was tell you about having the Trinity Banshee. Believe me when I tell you Daren's Banshee rips.

Last I heard Donny was running 4.7's but his bro, Jim with Tyson porting and such was about a 1/10th of a second faster. Any way you look at it, a mid 4 sec quad is fast.

From my door in South City, it was a 12 hour drive covering 583.3 miles to Waynoka, OK. Karen and I went the same time last year (mothers day weekend). I going with Dale Bates and some of his friends...I only know a couple of them.

Brandon M I heard was having a chromoly Banshee frame built by Joe Ham. I've not talked to Brandon M. to much about it. I have not been to Big River to see any of those guys.

Jay

Old 05-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

<< so the kit will be around $2500 not bad at all from power you get. I just want around 70HP. I doubt it would be too good for woods and stuff? Do you have aol? if so Im me at cjm660 thanx >>

I've see Daren ride his bike every were around St Joes. He jumps and runs with the best of them. His bike seem very dependable.

J Ross

Quick Reply: 1/8th mile asphalt drag racing in Southeast Missouri