ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Help from the Pro's

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002 | 09:40 PM
|
Pro Rider

I need some help from the pro's. I need to know what I can do to my cannondale cannibal to make it faster in a drag race. I have been racing it at a local dirt drag strip. I have an hmf pipe, the moto map, and I have changed my gearing. I need to know some things that my competition doesn't want to tell me. They say they know some tricks. And I believe them because one of them doesn't have a pipe or map and he still beats me. Please help

Old 08-27-2002 | 12:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

Walsh racecraft and Nacs have learned alot about cannondales.Call them up.I bet they would help w/advise

Old 08-27-2002 | 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

I would look at your tires and starts. Are they getting you off the line? Or are you getting a better launch and then they run you down? Are you starting in first and dumping the clutch, or do you start in second and slip the clutch a lot to modulate wheelspin, but keep engine RPMs up? I can't say what works best for you, but I know from my days with my street bike, the launch was critical and could make as much as 2-3 tenths of a difference in a 1/4 mile.