ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

2003 NEATV-MS SERIES, ROCHESTER FAIR GROUND RACES

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 03:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 NEATV-MS SERIES, ROCHESTER FAIR GROUND RACES

Is there anyone aware of a motocross track at the Rochester Fair Grounds? I am unaware of a motocross track at that site. The neatv-mx 2003 atv race series has two races their and i wanted to get an idea of what that track is like. I do know they have a flat track oval their, but now a motocross track. If anyone can shed some light on this topic please do so. Thank you in advance.
herbdon out......

Old 01-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

Based on my discussions with Howard they are going to turn their oval into a "quad safe" mx track . they are very interested and excited to have us so any problems with the track will be fixed. thats about all there is to tell .
You are right there is not an "official" mx track there but they will be going about it the way I said .,similar to arenacross track/or stadium track.

Jason NEATV-MX

Old 01-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Range Rover

thanks for the response Jason. I think having a arena cross/ stadium style track on our race circuit would be a totally awesome addition to the tracks we aready race. Jolly rogers and southwick are two totally different style tracks and having a three completely different style tracks would make our club race series rival all others in past and present existence. I love what NEATVMX is doing with our racing and hope great success in the future. Only wish we could race some other tracks in New York. Thanks for your response and support of our sport.
herbdon
aka donald scala

Old 01-03-2003, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

Donald, No problem and thanks for the support! I think in the next year or two the proving grounds for most of the next generation of racers will come through the NEATV ! I agree that style of track will definitely be cool to add to our series. I raced Walden 2 years ago and Iliked the track but I wasnt to fond of the facilities. But I hear they've made some improvements over the last 2 years . I felt the track was too set up more for bikes but It was a mud pit and you couldnt get going anywhere that day either !!!. as far as the other tracks in NY most of them feel they are above Quads that we are just a small group of yahoos and dont want to let us use their tracks . But I feel over the next year or 2 Quads are gonna make an impact on the National scene similar to snocross. With just a little more of a push we will get there we're on the brink now so all we need is that one big "outside " sponsor to come and make a commitment and we'll be there!
Well I gotta go and I hope you have a good off season. I got Huevos5 and ATVoff Road Fury For Xmas so I'm ready to go riding again ,but video riding will have to do until this white stuff melts . Take Care!

Jason NEATV-MX

Old 01-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Range Rover

Check out Mad Beaver Motorsports.

Old 01-21-2003, 11:50 PM
Range Rover

Hey Jason,
What's the ride time to Rochester from Westfield. Seems like its going to be an even longer day than a day at Jolly. Any idea on the lenght of the track. Would seem if its an oval already its gonna be pretty tightly packed in. But any new track is always a cool addition. Are there any opportunities for CT? Would seem that would be a pretty central location for the many MA and CT riders. I'm not sure what they have for facilities, but I'm sure you guys are working on it. Well look forward to the season, and as you said it'll have to be Huevos for now.
Herbdon, still working on some pics of the project. Send you some as soon as I get them done.

derek

Old 01-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

Derek, based on when I put the directions in mapquest it said just over 2 1/2 hours. So it will be alonger day then Jolly. Connecticut is a insurance liability nightmare! We made some inquiries into , Central Village but again we run into AMA issues and bikes versus Quads issues, we'll see where next year takes us .This year should be good with the addition of Rochester and they are changing Southwick around this year,( Adding some jumps and rerouting the finish line straightaway)so that will have to do for now . Besides Marco always tinkers with something new at Jolly!!! Thats about it but if something comes up t will be posted on the website, besides 10 races plus a National is plenty for me!!! Talk to you later.

Jason NEATV-MX

Old 01-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Range Rover

If they set up Southwick like they did for the Memorial for every race I would be in heaven. That was awsome. Finally to have multiple lines for the first moto. It was great. Thanks for the up to date info Jason. I'll probably see you around town sometime.

derek

Old 01-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

I live in Rochester NY and have no idea what you guys are talking about. Unless you mean the Monroe County Fairgrounds which I live around the corner from. We do have outdoor mx tracks within an hour or less of the city that I'm aware of.

Silver Springs MX track www.ssmxracing.com

Batavia MX track

Wheeler MX track

Freedom MX track

If you need more information or are interested I know who would have more info and can help you contact him.

Old 01-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

there is always www.wnyma.com but I'm assuming you guys probably know that site it has some of the tracks I mentioned on it. I also found the Wheeler tracks website.

www.wheelerracepark.20fr.com/index.html

Quick Reply: 2003 NEATV-MS SERIES, ROCHESTER FAIR GROUND RACES