ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Quadcross Round 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 11:23 PM
WP
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadcross Round 1

It is a little smaller than yours, but we also do six laps. You should give it a try. Hook me up with a helmet cam and I will give you some good footage.

Old 01-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

From the videos, there is two areas that go back behind the mountains that we cannot see. My guess would be just under a mile.

Yes Henry, you should come visit Glen Helen and give the track a look see. I know its a drive for you from Utah. There is camping at track side. Theres 10 events this year. Strait down the 15fwy. Track is just off the 15. Hopfuly you can make one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Glen Helen Racway

Old 01-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

When is the next local race??? I do not race just would love to go watch..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2003, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

RVRSLT.....the complete schedule is on ITP's Quadcross website. The next race will be Feb. 2nd.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Damn, people from ITP showing up on the threads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Geat tire by the way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I love my XCT's

It's a great series. How Quad racing has been missing from such a large state as California for so long is beyond me. Great job ITP for putting this series together. Also for picking Glen Helen to do it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Its a 15 minuite drive for me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Maybe I'll grow some cajones and enter a race this season. Wonder what class I'd be in? 250-open begginer? Which ever one has the worst riders for sure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

wshrdskin....I highly suggest you get in on the action at Glen Helen. This was my first MX race and I really had a good time. I'm 35 years, so I suggest if your over 30 to enter 30+ beg. I entered the 251-open beg. class and even though I got a bad start, I couldn't catch the rest of the field. There were a lot of younger racers that "tore me a new one"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] For the rest of the season, I'm gonna race with the 30+ crowd. I met a couple guys in that class and they have the same concern as me(who's gonna pay the bills if I break my legs out here?!?!..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) The younger racers don't have to worry about that at this time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just a heads up if you wanna give it a try!!! Its a real kick in the pants!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Later....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2003, 11:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks psycho,

I saw that on the ITP website, the 30+ beginner class. That would be the one for me. 41 years and counting. My brother is interested in trying it out to. He would be the first and probably only bomb ever to race there. I would "not" ever clear the table tops, I'd jump some, land on top somewhere but thats it. The one step up in front of the tower I think I could clear that but, would go over it slow the first few times in practice. I'd stay with the 22" XCT 23" fronts as I don't want to spend a lot to have some fun at the track. I know most run the 18" tires but I'm not planning on being very competitive. It won't be this next race for sure but maybe some day soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The website for videos is down right now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Yesterday I post on the Predator forum the video I shot of a guy racing his pred there and they exceeded the band width for the day. Hopefuly it will be back up tomorrow. The bummer is its my brothers web space for his programs he writes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If it keeps happening he'll have to upgrade and or be charged more money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2003, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

wshrdskin...another thing to consider. I noticed from last years series to this last race, the course is changed around each race, so you never know what your gonna get until race day. I go to Thursday practices as often as possible to see if there are any changes for the Saturday REM races. Usually if they race REM on Saturday and Quadcross the next day, the track will stay the same. Kinda gives you an idea on how the track will be set up. Like the last race last year, they ran the opposite direction and the tower step-up wasn't there. All I can say is..practice...practice..practice!!! Later...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

Too far for a race for me. Do the bikes race the same day?? They always do here. 600 bikes 30 quads. The bikes make the tracks here nasty.. Good vids once again. Maybe I'll have some of the track I race, but not till the end of April.. I'm 37..

Old 01-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Sandgod...the Quadcross is strictly quads on a track designed for quads. Glen Helen has 4 tracks, the National Track is mainly used for dirt bikes, the Back Track is used for quads and REM races, a Pee-Wee track for the future racing stars to get a good start on, and a Stadiumcross track for "big-air" racers. Its a real cool set up for all tracks and Glen Helen does a lot of work to keep the tracks raceable and ready. Check out their website...www.glenhelen.com. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Quadcross Round 1