Old 02-22-2003 | 01:24 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default MX RACING

How many people mx race their quads?

Old 02-22-2003 | 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default MX RACING

Alot, there are upwards of 600 entries at some of the GNC MX races. Of course some are multiple entries.

Old 02-22-2003 | 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default MX RACING

I think he meant on these forums.

I race locally... TQRA (Novice), Lonestar Series (Intermediate), and hopefully a couple of Nationals (4-stroke C)

Old 02-22-2003 | 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default MX RACING

This is going to be my first year and I'll hit the WV, MD, and VA races starting next month. I'm a little old (38) to just start MX but I do pretty good against my 21 and 23 year old riding partners. In fact, the younger guys don't seem to have the motivation, money, or perserverence of a guy hanging on to his youth with a death grip. The other "old guy" (35) in our group is my only competition right now and it's a blast. He rides a piped and suspended 03 Banshee and we pound the crap out of our buddies on 440EX, DS650, 400EX, and Z400. Our goal for this year is to learn, not get hurt too bad, not bust up the quads too bad, and be prepared to rock and roll next season. The rest of our riding group is going to watch:-)

Old 02-22-2003 | 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default MX RACING

I race MX here in So. Cal. @ Glen Helen.(ITP Quadcross).

Old 02-22-2003 | 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default MX RACING

Ill be racing MX up here in Massachusetts and ill hopefully be running some nationals...4 Stroke C on the Cannibal...#301 at the GNC's and in NEATV-MX

Old 02-23-2003 | 12:37 PM
Range Rover
Default MX RACING

UBETRUN,
I am going down the same path you are in terms of racing MX. I am 34, and race in the NEATV-MX series here in New England. I have the tricked out fully modded raptor. 2002 season I placed 6th in the open b class. I spent the whole season dailing in my suspension and motor, made all the newbie mistakes and blunders and learned alot of racing information and riding technique. the 2003 seasons is going to be alot more aggressive, and i am moving up to the open a class. i love racing mx, and i hope not to get hurt this season. good luck this season and the best advise i can give you, is this....get in the best physical shape you can before and during the entire season....it's amazing how sore you can get from a day of riding, even if you don't crash.....hehe.... i am also considering doing some nationals this year.....the southwick national is definitely a shoe in....this is NEATVMX's home track...i think i want to go to Mt. Morris race too...it's not too far from my house....the Maryland race is also an option to for the same reasons.....only time and budget will tell.
herbdon out.........

Old 02-23-2003 | 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default MX RACING

Herbdon - Nice looking Raptor! I love those wheels, they would look nice on my Black Raptor. With stock front wheels, I should be right around 49" with the +3 Housers. If I have to change front offset, I'll spend the extra coin for beadlocks. How are you geared with the 690? Did you do assemble your motor or send it out? Porting? Carb boots ported? Big valves? Hotcam II? Stock Rod? What other quads give you trouble? Can you holeshot full-race machines with a 426/450 motorcycle engine? How does your machine perform against long travel Raptors? I know it's mostly rider but you can't win a marathon in clogs:-) Sorry so many questions but you seem to be ahead of me on the same path and I'm not too proud to learn from a "kid";-)

Psycho - When are you going into your motor?

Old 02-24-2003 | 10:38 AM
Trailblazer
Default MX RACING

I just went to quad night at highlands mx park near Houston, And there were about 50 quads there on a week night. Not near as many a 2 wheelers but it's growing fast.

Old 02-24-2003 | 10:48 AM
Trailblazer
Default MX RACING

I know how you feel being the old guy, I'm 34 and wondering how bad I'll have to hurt myself to quit this nonsense and go back to the relative safety of my Harley Davidson. I know this is an exception to the rule about older guys being better competition, but last week I saw a 15 year old on Crf450r/400ex that was keeping up with and passing three pro circuit guys who were closer to my age. This kid is a natural. I'm cuirious to see how good he's going to be in five years.

Quick Reply: MX RACING