ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

4-Stroke Nationals @ Glen Helen

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-Stroke Nationals @ Glen Helen

Well, is there going to be a record breaking quad turn-out for the 4-Stroke Nationals this weekend (4-12 & 4-13-03)? I sure hope so now that the Z -400 is out. I wonder what Doug Eichner will be riding. I don't think he'll be on this 440ex that he was on when he won in 2001. Well I'll put my money on Greg Stuart to win the Mx event on Sunday. The TT-event, I am not sure! I'll be on a Raptor on Saturday and my 440ex on Sunday (if Trinity gets my head back by Friday if not I'll be on the Raptor both days). At least with the Raptor I'll have more power than my 440ex, so watch out!

Old 04-07-2003, 11:58 PM
WP
Pro Rider

I'll be there and if luck is on my side, I will bring home the glowing plaque. See you out there Ed. P.S. I am looking at four homes at Lake Mathews. I will let you know what happens because I just put my home on the market.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

WP, don't get your hopes up. There will be alot of Competition there. It's not going to be like the ITP races. Have you ever raced on the National track after five or so dirt Bike races? That track turns into the Adelanto GP with all the ruts and woops. If I ride my Honda, I hope to place in the top five for the MX race. The TT-event, I don't care. I would like to see either you or Jon S. (raptor) win our class if not me. I know if I race My Raptor on Sunday, I won't have a Chance against you, jon, tony or matt. I hope Trinity comes through. "I race of the fun of it, I am not out there to win every race". Good Lucky with the House issue. Lake Mattews would be really nice but Hemet is cheaper.

Old 04-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ORANGE400exRACER
WP, don't get your hopes up. There will be alot of Competition there. It's not going to be like the ITP races. Have you ever raced on the National track after five or so dirt Bike races? That track turns into the Adelanto GP with all the ruts and woops. If I ride my Honda, I hope to place in the top five for the MX race. The TT-event, I don't care. I would like to see either you or Jon S. (raptor) win our class if not me. I know if I race My Raptor on Sunday, I won't have a Chance against you, jon, tony or matt. I hope Trinity comes through. "I race of the fun of it, I am not out there to win every race". Good Lucky with the House issue. Lake Mattews would be really nice but Hemet is cheaper.
Good luck... It'll be hard if Clark Evernham drops down and races intermediate there...

Old 04-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Ralph Wiggim rules

Old 04-10-2003, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

I am not saying CLARK EVERNHAM sucks but Cory and I beat him already. I think he placed second to last in our class twice. I also believe I finished ahead of him at the Adelanto Grand Prix. In other words, clark hasn't beat Cory nor I everytime we raced against him. Don't get me wrong, he could of had bad luck against us. Did Clark win last years 4-stroke national int. class? It's for sure now, I won't be a threat in the INT class because my 440ex won't be ready. I'll be on a raptor.

Old 04-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

Yeah he won the intermediate class last year.....If Jon S. rides like he did in that first moto at the last quadcross round then he'll win....clark is like a top 5-10 guy at adelanto... normally...but you never know.. you guys could just be way faster now... I haven't seen him ride in a while...well good luck on your raptor.. Is it a stock one or a modified one? I'm about to build myself a 400ex... is the trintity kit pretty good? does it work against the z440? l8er

Old 04-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Duncan racer, My Raptor has arms and a axle. The motor is stock with a big guns pipe. About the trinity 440ex kits, They must be good because They built my motor; I thought that they had put a 12:1 piston but all along I had a 10.8:1 piston and my quad ran very good. They lied to me but I didn't realize it till I took my motor apart. But when I get it back, it will sure have a 12:1 piston and I am going to get a FCR41mm carb for it with a DYNA ignition. Harry @trinity said that he will guarentee 6 H.P gain from before when it's all done. So if I could keep up with the 440Z then, I Can't wait till I get it back. Overall the Z is a much faster bike but it doesn't handle like the EX. My advice is that you built your motor yourself. You'll save about three hundred bucks and know whats in your motor. If you need any help just let me know. By the way, Cory H. 440Z is extremely fast. I don't think anyone can make a 440ex or even a 465ex faster than his quad.
I hope I answered all of your questions.

Old 04-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Range Rover

ok...hopefully i can buy one sometime soon and have it built up by summer...I found one pretty modified for 4500...yeah i've seen corys bike run and its pretty damn fast...

Old 04-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Okay guys, this is the Schedule for Saturday's TT race. For the TT, gates open @7am, practice is not till 11am and racing starts @ noon. The national MotoCross track will be open for practice from 8am to 2pm. I am not sure if your gate fee for the TT will cover your practice fee. It might be extra not sure. For Sundays Motocross, it's the same as any sunday motocross @ GlenHelen. Gate open @ 6am, Practice starts @ 8am. The race fee for the TT is $20.00 and for the MX it's $35.00. That's about all the info I have. I got to see the TT track today. They built it right next to the stadium track in the back. It looks like they used screened (no rocks) sand to built the track. There should be huges ruts and breaking bumps after the First motos. I hope I am wrong. Well good luck to all and see you there.

Quick Reply: 4-Stroke Nationals @ Glen Helen