Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My water toy's

Here are my water toy's

2000 Polaris Virage 700, bought it new in 01', only 147 hrs on it now

09' Sweetwater pontoon w/90 e-tec, great for hauling the kids around

1985 Lund wide beam that my Dad bought me when I was 7, the 25 yammy still runs great and I just picked up a little 4 Merc for it for my kids to play with, here is the boy on his first ride

started him young

We gave the old lund some fresh paint this summer

And this one is my pride and joy, 1989 Checkmate Eluder w/220 Merc EFI

Our neighbor bought it when I was 12 years old and I spent hours as a kid dreaming of one day owning a boat like that, 19 years later I parked it in my garage, I'm sure there will be other boats that come and go but I will never part with this one, I put a new interior in but other than that it's original, It won boat of the month on the Checkmate site for July 2010.

This is where we hang out every weekend in the summer

My front yard

Why do I live in Sask again where we can only do this for 4 months of the year

Just got into atving to have something else to do with the family in the fall and spring, and of course the summer too, I'm really liking how cheap the atv is to put fuel in compared to the boats.

Thanks for looking

Old 12-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice toys.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Nice toys.
Thanks!

I forgot to mention I was planning on a new 225 Merc Pro XS for the Checkmate next season, there really isn't anything wrong with the old mill so I got the new 850 XP instead, that old Merc has to last me a few more seasons now, it's a good motor, just hard on fuel compared to the new one's, I feel I made a good choice ending up with a whole other toy instead of just a upgraded motor on the boat, plus the new Merc was quite a bit more cash than the whole ATV cost.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:47 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice! thanks for sharing!

x2 on the fuel for the boat- I can easily burn over $150 day on gas dragging people around the lake in my jet boat.

been meaning to dig up some photo's of my old checkmate- I have a stack of cd's to go through
It looked exactly like your mate except mine was 2-tone metallic brown and was 22' long (enchanter) and had a sterndrive.

I used to be a member over at the checkmate forum but I forget my un & pw - it's been a while.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by beergut
very nice! thanks for sharing!

x2 on the fuel for the boat- I can easily burn over $150 day on gas dragging people around the lake in my jet boat.

been meaning to dig up some photo's of my old checkmate- I have a stack of cd's to go through
It looked exactly like your mate except mine was 2-tone metallic brown and was 22' long (enchanter) and had a sterndrive.

I used to be a member over at the checkmate forum but I forget my un & pw - it's been a while.
That would be great to see your old pics

I spend a lot of time on the CM forum.

How long ago were you a member?

There was a tragedy over there involving an enchanter a few months ago, pics speak for themselves, no one got hurt but the owner lost a labour of love, rebuilt it from the ground up just 2 years ago, it was the nicest enchanter I've seen.

Started with this

And ended up with this

All for nothing sept 3rd/11, electrical fire.

Good news is he found a nice original red flake enchanter to replace it

I'd love to see pics of your old boat if you can find them, I am a bit of a Checkmate nut if you can't already tell

Old 12-09-2011, 06:22 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by Checkmate guy
That would be great to see your old pics

I spend a lot of time on the CM forum.

How long ago were you a member?

There was a tragedy over there involving an enchanter a few months ago, pics speak for themselves, no one got hurt but the owner lost a labour of love, rebuilt it from the ground up just 2 years ago, it was the nicest enchanter I've seen.

Started with this

And ended up with this

All for nothing sept 3rd/11, electrical fire.

Good news is he found a nice original red flake enchanter to replace it

I'd love to see pics of your old boat if you can find them, I am a bit of a Checkmate nut if you can't already tell

oh man - I'd be devistated! How did it catch fire? battery short while charging? I've heard of people who don't vent the area while charging up a battery- charging a battery produces hydrogen gas- they go to unhook the charger without unplugging it first and kaablamo!

my mate looked just like that red flake mate you posted- whish I'd kept it
I sold it and bought a 20' sea-dooo challenger jet boat- which I ended up having to dump another $6k into for a motor rebuild after the "nylon " oil pump gear on the crankshaft stripped out and ruined the motor! Had a merc M2 jetdrive- bare block (undressed) was $4k alone!

yep- miss that checkmate

I also had a mini checkmate- maybe 12' long. can't remember the model. blue & white flake with a 90 hp OB on the transom... traded that for a 400ex sport quad

Old 12-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by beergut
oh man - I'd be devistated! How did it catch fire? battery short while charging? I've heard of people who don't vent the area while charging up a battery- charging a battery produces hydrogen gas- they go to unhook the charger without unplugging it first and kaablamo!

my mate looked just like that red flake mate you posted- whish I'd kept it
I sold it and bought a 20' sea-dooo challenger jet boat- which I ended up having to dump another $6k into for a motor rebuild after the "nylon " oil pump gear on the crankshaft stripped out and ruined the motor! Had a merc M2 jetdrive- bare block (undressed) was $4k alone!

yep- miss that checkmate

I also had a mini checkmate- maybe 12' long. can't remember the model. blue & white flake with a 90 hp OB on the transom... traded that for a 400ex sport quad
No it wasn't charging, he used it that day, came back to the house and parked it in the driveway, came outside a few hours later to find it on fire, good thing it was still hooked to his truck so he could pull it away from the house, I think it was determined that it was a short somewhere between the control box and the battery.

Those sea doo jet boats are fun to spin around

That little CM you had would have been 13' long and the model is a playmate, there is a nice one for sale on the forum right now with a 115 on it, located in Minneapolis for $4500, wish I could afford it people ask me why I have four boats, because I can't afford five!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:27 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Checkmate guy
No it wasn't charging, he used it that day, came back to the house and parked it in the driveway, came outside a few hours later to find it on fire, good thing it was still hooked to his truck so he could pull it away from the house, I think it was determined that it was a short somewhere between the control box and the battery.

Those sea doo jet boats are fun to spin around

That little CM you had would have been 13' long and the model is a playmate, there is a nice one for sale on the forum right now with a 115 on it, located in Minneapolis for $4500, wish I could afford it people ask me why I have four boats, because I can't afford five!

yes! that's what it was- a playmate. I only used it a 3 or 4 times before I sold it for $1500. Was a cute little speed boat.

I've been kinda getting into these old wooden speed boats- guy at the lake our cottage is on has one and he gave me a ride in it- it was thrilling!
Just to find a decent one though is about $25k and to find a mint one built by blackbird is up around $100k
I found a nice one in maine a while back for $6k but it needed restoring...

so much I want- so little money to get it

Attached Thumbnails My water toy's-id-19capri-22d-1.jpg   My water toy's-seatta-classic-boat.jpg   My water toy's-blackbirdboats.jpg   My water toy's-100-years-wooden-glory-frecheville-heaney1.jpg  
Old 12-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Range Rover

Man those are some nice boats

I would love something like that one day, it would require a lot of time to maintain and care for a boat like that, more free time than what I've got.

Damn they are nice