Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

raptor or shee?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor or shee?

okay, im in the market for a new sport quad and ive pretty much narrowed it down to these two. im weird though, i can say with full confidence that i want a shee one minute, and the next ill say i want a raptor. i know it all depends on my riding style and where im gonna ride it. i guess if i take away my love for 2 strokes and try to be as practical as i can be i would say the rappy is the best. what i want is a good combo of duning ability, top speed, acceleration, and handling. i would like a shee, but theres certain things about it that i dont like. 2 stroke - good; top speed - good; accel. - good; suspension - okay; low speed rideability - bad; etc. the ergos on the shee are supposed to be kinda weird, and its nice to be able to run it a gear lower and not always be workin the clutch and keepin the revs up. theres obviously a lot of modding ability in a shee, but its not too bad for a rappy either. i dont know if a rappy is faster than a shee, ive heard that a shee has a slightly faster top speed, but a rappy is faster to start for a while til the shee gets into its main powerband. also, ive heard about a lot of fuys getting tickets in the dunes around here with modded shees for being too loud. and if i got a shee it would definately get modded. i do a fair amount of trail riding so the low speed rideability would be nice and reverse too. i already know quite a bit about shees, and what they can do and stuff, but im not as good about raptors. so any info about raptors would be nice.

Old 08-28-2003, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor or shee?

well... narrowed it down to 3 actually. those 2 and the zook Z 400. i know certain things about these, but i dont really know how it compares to a rappy. im not worried about it in trails, its the dunes im thinking about. i dont know how well these do on really steep big dunes.

Old 08-28-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor or shee?

Get the Raptor...its great at all the types of riding you want to do...there is plenty of mods out there for it...it has reverse...is comfortable...and fast..before my friend modded his shee I would take him on the drags..he'd be ahead of me at first, but I'd catch him and pass him on the top end...I'd say go with the raptor..I don't think you'll be dissapointed..

Old 08-28-2003, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor or shee?

i would take a shee but thats me

Old 08-29-2003, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor or shee?

of the 3, prob a raptor. i'm not a big fan of it, but it does everything pretty good. not exceptional but pretty good overall. i have seen them rip banshees but i have also seen bashees rip them.

it is kinda tippy though (not uncontrollably so) and it loves to wheelie.
the z is not a bad overall bike either.

the banshee is a great bike and screams to no end. i have one and like it but its pretty much only happy if you just tear @ss the whole time with it. to me, there is almost no compaision to the banshee in the dunes though.