Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Whats a good first sport atv

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats a good first sport atv

The Blaster would be most fun, and it is cheap! Remember you are growing, and will only be riding this bike for a few years. But, the 250's will hold up better.

Old 09-20-2003, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i started out with a warrior and at first, i liked the power and then i needed somethin more so i got my z but a warrior would be a great beginner bike cause the 350 and the clutch are nothin at all cause i was concerned with the same excact stuff that u are but try the warrior and u wont be dissapointed

Old 09-20-2003, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

if you dont mind getting a used quad, look for a older, used banshee. Its manual, 350 cc's, and a 2 stroke. VERY fast and you could grow into it. Just ride it easy at first and as you get more experienced, use the avalible power. If you spend 4000 on a smaller quad, a couple years go by, and you will out grow that quad and probly get very bored with it also. I think once you get used to the manual, its more fun than the automatics. gives you more freedom and control. If you are really afraid of a lot of power, then I wouldnt suggest this atv. Maybe look around for a 300ex. I really think that a 200 or 250 is just going to get boring and you will feel like you have wasted your money. just my two cents. good luck finding the right quad! have fun riding.

Old 09-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

Well what do you think is better a warrior or a banshee? Isn't a banshee more for dunes though? I also like the warior better because it's cheaper. They are pretty much the same with a 350 and manual clutch right? Just wondering what was better a warrior or a banshee. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Jace200sx

Old 09-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

I just found a 1996 yamaha warrior in my area for $1200. It says it has electric start and reverse, and it runs good. Is this a good atv for the money? Should I go for it? There is also a 1991 yamaha warrior in my area for $2200. It says its in good cond. and many extras. One more is there is 1997 yamaha blaster for $1250. It says good cond. and it has a rebuilt engine,ready to go. Should I go for any of these? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Jace200sx

Old 09-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm waiting for all the replies to the Warrior and Banshee being similar statement.

Jace, That sounds like a good deal for a Warrior. The Warrior is a great sport bike, older technology but a proven design with lots of mods available if you wish. My first ATV was a Warrior and I loved it, but I also found that I needed 4x4 utility for my type of riding. The Warrior is a six speed with a manual clutch but it does have reverse. Warriors are also good for tall riders, as they have a long seat - shorter riders fit OK too. Getting a Warrior for $1200 or even $2200 is a good price - low enough that even if you choose to sell it a few years doen the road, you should be able to get most of that back.

There is no comparisson to the Banshee. While Yamaha makes both and both are 350's, the Warrior is a simple air cooled four stroke single cylinder while the Banshee is a twin cylinder, 2-stroke screamer. IMO, a beginner is much better suited to a Warrior than the Banshee.

Jaybee

Old 09-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

I will mostly be riding trails and messing around. I might call the guy tonight about the 96' warrior. I will be looking more in to warrior then. Thanks Jaybee and all the rest!!!!!!!!!

Jace200sx

Old 09-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

N0-one will ever convince me that there is a better first time sport quad than a 300ex, no better time to start shifting than the present

Old 09-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

So you think a 300ex is a good first sport quad? I'm kinda looking more towards the warrior though. I like more like in the warrior. I would like a 6-speed so when I get older I can still kick some butt, instead of trading in for a bigger quad. Thanks for your reply!!!!!!

Jace200sx

Old 09-21-2003, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

id say either a blaster or a mojave. if you plan to get into the biger sport quads you better learn how to drive a clutch.

Quick Reply: Whats a good first sport atv