Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

what is the best AtV outdoors.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2000 | 09:44 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Hy

I will like to no which ATV is the better between the polaris,Honda,Susuki,Yahama.End also c'ant you class them by order which is the better one after the second ......

Thank eric

Old 06-08-2000 | 11:34 AM
Trailblazer

I would like to know which is the best religion, CAtholism, Lutherism, Protistent, Muslum, or Buddist? Can someone please put them in order of best to worst?

Okay, most of us are a bit more reasonable on ATVs then religion. (Very few belive you condemed to hell if you choose the wrong one)

Each has advantages and disadvantages. And even if I would say one model from one manufacture is best, for you needs, odds are if/when you buy a second ATV a different model and manfacture would be best.

I personally like Honda, but I've only compared Polaris and Honda.

One of the lady's I ride with cannot ride a honda, or any other model. She was in a car accident a few years ago, and it messed up her body. The Polaris is a smooth ride, that nothing else matches. (She tried them all, because smoothness is top priority)

Honda has earned a reputation of running forever. Which isn't to say the others break often. The Honda I rode feels solid to me.

Instaed of asking what is best, ride them all. Your talking about spending $5000, so put some time into it.

I reconemend that your first ATV be 4wd, and at least a 400 - 500 is better. For a second one (and with more expirence riding) a smaller 2wd might make sense. However this is influnced by the riding I do. I want to tow my boat to the lake where my truck will not go. I like riding in mud. I have hooked a drag to my ATV for gardening work. Those who want to race will want something different, but that is a compromise. You get more speed, but you lose in the things I want to do.

Hey, have fun and don't kill yourself.

Old 06-08-2000 | 12:31 PM
Range Rover

Go get a Polaris, I'm an ex-Honda rider. What kind of riding do you want to do?

Old 06-08-2000 | 01:06 PM
Range Rover

uMLES seee...
1.Honder
3.hamaha
5.sakakawi
3.kazuki
4.sapolaris
or
3.spolaros
1.zuzooki
5.hondos
2.yami
4.cowazaki
take yer pik feller. I onlee raated too atv-s bafer i bot won, but these is mi ges.
gud luk ;-)

Old 06-10-2000 | 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

LOL... that was a funny post pdavis I actually was laughing out loud. haha

Old 06-10-2000 | 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

LOL... that was a funny post pdavis I actually was laughing out loud. hahahaha

Old 06-11-2000 | 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

excercise your rights as a consumer....try before ya buy.....try one different model every weekend....you may never have to buy one!!!

Old 06-23-2000 | 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

Eric,
Do what I did... find out which type you like first by reading all of the pro's and con's on every bike. I was looking for a smooth, easy going bike that I could handle because of a handicap. You really need to decide before hand if you want 2 wheel or 4wheel drive. Then go to all of the dealerships and try everyone out. Each manufacture offers different things for different riders. And most of all keep a open mind on which type you like. Don't let anyone tell you that one brand is any better or worse than another. They are all basically the same. We have owned Polaris and Honda. I had to sell my Polaris because of the difficult time I had steering them. But my best friend who has MS doesn't have any problems with hers. My hubby sold his 400 Sport for the Honda 400ex only because he wanted a little more agility on the trails. They are all fun bikes.
So try them out and wish ya the best of luck.

00 Recon
00 400ex

Old 06-23-2000 | 08:45 PM
Range Rover

Good post pdavis.
Don't listen to atv_guy. He would rather you buy what he wants you to buy instead of you buying what you want. He's afraid that if you ride other atv's you won't buy a Polaris. Ride as many different atv's as you can in your price range and consider what is best for you, not someone else. Take your time.

Old 06-24-2000 | 10:54 AM
Trailblazer

Take a real hard look at the dealer you are buying from!!!
On 4-25-2000 I purchased a Quad Master from Las Cruces Motor Sports in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I called them and they told me they had only one in stock and it was still in the crate. I ask them how long it would take them to get it ready to go and was told 4 hours. I went to the bank and got a cashiers check and drove over 100 miles to the dealer. I paid them and did all the paper work and went to the service department to see the new Quad, what a disappointment! The ""new in the box" Quad had scratches on every plastic part on the four wheeler. And the front luggage rack was also scratched. The front bumper has paint missing where the tape was pulled off. That didn't leave much that wasn't damaged. I think it had been in the showroom, Where people sit on and scratch it up. The dealer told me they would replace every piece of plastic on the Quad. Yesterday the dealer called me for about the 3th time about the parts being there and that if I didn't come to the dealership by this Saturday 6-24-2000 they would ship them back to the warehouse and I would be out of luck. The drive to the dealer is over 100 miles one way, and they want me to leave the Quad and come back, thats well over 400 miles total. What did I do wrong here? Why should I drive 400 miles to get what I paid for in the first place? I called Suzuki customer service @714-996-7040 and was told that they would do what they could to get the dealer to handle this matter in a professional manner. Do I think I see a Honda in my future? YEP I do

Quick Reply: what is the best AtV outdoors.