Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

EBay Fraud - How To Spot It Buying An ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBay Fraud - How To Spot It Buying An ATV

This is a great post if you are thinking about buying off of Ebay.
Ken, Thanks for the work that went into it.

Old 12-25-2003, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

The things those pieces of crap will do for a lousy $3000, I dont believe i will EVER want anything bad enough to steal it.

Old 04-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey i'm looking at this atv on ebay. The guy is from Poland and he says he will ship it to me for free. I checked out his record and he has bought some really expensive things over $3000. Also its a one of those that says "This listing is restricted buyers and bidders only" and ebay sent me a thing saying that Square trade is recording the transaction for the atv and that the seller and buyer are protected from fraud. square trade will recover funds and if it is not possible we will pay you back 90%. do you guys think this a fraud or is it safe. thanks

Old 04-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

That is a fraud. DO NOT buy into the protection racket that they are puting on to you. You will lose your money. The best way to buy a used atv is to find one close enough to drive to and look at yourself. If you can't put your hands on it and check it out for yourself it ain't worth messing with. You will lose your money. Good buy's on atv's are a dime a dozen, no matter where you live. Why would you want to chance on buying one that has to be shipped to you, especially if it is from over sea's?

Old 04-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never buy from over seas, and never be taken in by free shipping. I have had a quad shipped to me, and had no problems, but he had no signs of being a fraud.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer

man there is a lot of BS quads on ebay. the other day i saw a 727 raptor that was on the cover of dirtwheels, and it was only $3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I cant believe people bid on these machines overseas..... there is no way i would take a chance with my money on something like that.... yeah we all want a good deal but the risks out weigh it by far! I cant believe e-bay is letting this happen as much as it is.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

I saw a Brand New DS650 on Ebay for $2800 in Greece. Oh yeah, free shipping. He had some sob story about how he needed the cash but didn't want to pay Ebay the fee. He has feedback for comic cards and dresses. I hope everyone learns about these scams. I got a great deal from Ebay...there are some good sellers out there!!!

Old 04-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt buy any quad that I cant test ride before handing over any cash. Doesn't seem worth the risk to me even if the seller seems legit.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Easiest way to avoing getting stiffed is not to buy a big ticket item off of ebay. It's a lousy way to get something expensive that's subject to wear and operator abuse. Would you buy a car sight unseen? I wouldn't...

Quick Reply: EBay Fraud - How To Spot It Buying An ATV