Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

HELP On which atv to buy!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004 | 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default HELP On which atv to buy!!

I would not get caught on the Upper Huffman ride, I beleive you are riding in the park on that one and you will just not get ticket but will lose your bike and will have to pay to restore the area you rode on back to pristine condition including any damage done before you, as they caught you and not the others and will blame you for all of it regardless. As for Eureka, I took my neighbor and his son {KTM and Honda} up there and the dad was dissapointed over the trail conditions as it was mostly one mud hole after another and we had to push and pull their bikes thru them, I just put mine in fourwheel drive and went on thru. Not much sport riding areas availble to be had, so in my opinon get a sporty 4x4 to get thru the bad stuff to get to the flat stuff. I know some people say just put more aggressive tires on the 2x4 and hit the holes hard to get thru them but that is one of the reasons they are talking of regulating atv trails up here as people try to go around the muddy sections and make the trails wider and when you look at it from the sky it looks realy bad. I know from past experience that if it looks the worse it is more then likely the best place to go thru. For those guys on fourwheel atvs put in 4x4, because you can make the holes in two wheel drive your still spinning you rear wheels and causing the hole to get deaper and pick up your trash, you packed it in pack it out. Don't give the tree huggers any more ammo agaisnt us. Hondarider86, thanks for your riding area choices, but I would check on that Huffman riding area and see if you are riding legal, could get real expensive if your not. I wish we had a trail system to ride inside of the Anchorage area, Eagle River area would be great but I do not think the military are so up on the idea. AlaskaBoy.

Old 01-15-2004 | 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

out of the 3 you mentioned i would say the vinso is going to be your best by, you get the most for your money and in my opinion it looks the best out of all of them.

Old 01-15-2004 | 02:50 PM
Trailblazer

as i stated earlier i have never been to the upper omalley dropoff(i didnt mean to say huffman) but i know for a fact that their is snowmobile trails and you can ride atvs back there but again i have never myself been there so i couldnt tell ya a personal experince...haha yea they need to get a good riding area in town however with the limited space and the constant bitching of people that will never happen o well kincaid it is for intown .......

Old 01-15-2004 | 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

I know the trailhead, it is for snowmobiles only, park is total against quads. Why do we register are bikes if we can not ride in the park when there is enough snow cover, can't say we damaged the groom trails as there is no trail grooming. Oh Well. AlaskaBoy.

Old 01-16-2004 | 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

primetimecheech- i have been researching a purchase myself . i have spent alot of time on different bike latly & one i have been most impressed with in this class is the bombardei 400ho outlander . the ride is smooth the power is awesome it will outrun most 500cc sport/utill turns great real stable & the visco lock true 4wheel dr. the strongest on the market . this bike really seems nearly bullet proof MSRP 5999.00 the warenty 3 years yes three years

Old 01-17-2004 | 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

I went from the 400 KFV 4x4 to the 650 kawi now on the 700.

When my 400 and 24000km on it I looked at the 400 kodi and liked the 400 kvf over it. I know people that went from a kawi 400 to the vinson and all they complant was noisey brakes. big deal? My POV the vinnie is a step up from the 400 just like the kvf 360 is a step down. the 650/700 kawi is a great improvement and all the issues I ever had was fixed on the 650 like the shifter is much better. Stable on vinnie is question? I think not you have to get use to it that's all because of the rear shocks are different.