Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

What should i get? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i get? Please help

ok, ive asked this question many of times on this site... but i havent really gotten a straight answer! Everyone goes with what they have or whatever. Now i wanna know straight up which fourwheeler is best, Between raptor, banshee and kfx700, and possible DS650. I do mostly trail riding, and we race on the street. My buddy has the kfx700 i just wanna beat that damn thing, cuz he is always running his mouth(no offense against kfx that thing is great). So it would be great if you guys could help and i trust you guys, i just want a straight honest answer

Old 02-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

I was in the same boat as you. Sit on the DS before you buy any of those bikes. I ended up buying the Raptor, and I hate my decision!!! The DS is so much better, and I wish I would have looked at one earlier.

As for the Banshee or Raptor.

If you are gonna ride the trails, Raptor. Dunes get the Banshee.

Old 02-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

yea, i have heard that the DS is fast
thanx for ur opinion, i was wondering tho, can u do as much stuff to a DS as the raptor, and what is the price difference ill have to check that

i need more pples imput!

Old 02-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Between the Raptor, Banshee, KFX700 and DS650. Considering that you'll be using it for trail riding.

The Banshee and DS 650 are better in open spaces like the dunes. Neither has a reverse.

The KFX 700 is just too big and heavy.

Between these four, I'd go with the Raptor. It is a 660, has reverse, and weighs around 398lbs.

So go and buy a Raptor 660 in blue or black. I'd go with blue.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Range Rover

DS im my opinion, i know its a dune machine, but it can handle trails too. Bombardiar is a good company, very reliable. The only thing is the DS is pretty wide, so like Kintama said i would sit on it first. Acutally i would sit on all of them, and see which is most comfortable. But otherwise, i would definatly go with the DS. NO questions asked. Good Luck and Happy Buying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Yea im kinda leaning toward the raptor. And if the quad is a good dune bike that wont matter at all cuz i live in maryland lol

Old 02-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

so now i got....2 pple pulling for the DS and 1 pulling for the raptor

Old 02-22-2004, 04:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You really have to consider where you'll be riding the quad. I would have absolutely loved to have bought a YFZ450. Although it would have been terrible for the places I ride. My Foreman works better for where I ride. I really need a 4x4. If you were going to ride mainly on tracks then reverse wouldn't be as important. If I was going to buy a sport quad for this area, I would have to get a Z400 or Raptor 350. Certain tools fit certain jobs. Don't buy a hammer to seal a tub. Whatever.

Old 02-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

lol well this is like the hardcore trail place ill be riding at....its a huge landfill with tuns of trails and a blaster did perfectly fine through it, so i dont needa worry about 4x4
i want maximum speed to because we are gonna race against whatever i get to KFX700
and we need MAX speed for the street cuz cops tend to chase us here and there lol