Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Finaly figured how to make the pictures smaller

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finaly figured how to make the pictures smaller

Originally posted by: Catterman

As for the lack of civilization, well that is what we have out here. No roads connecting us to the real world. If we want to get out we have to fly! Gas is $2.86 a gallon. Milk is $5.99 a gallon. And no McDonalds or anything like that!

You need to buy a cow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I think 2% milk is around $2.80 right now. Gas $1.68 a gallon.

Old 02-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Very nice photos[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Coyote, where does your brother-n-law live?

Catterman, I was wondering where your snowmachine pics were taken. John Gave me his old Polaris 600 and I have to put the motor back together still. I have to wait alittle while until my life insurance is approved as they will not insure you if you have ridden a snowmachine for two years so I will wait till next year to ride. Things we do to make our wives happy and I would like her to be able to get by if anything happens to me.

I remember the last time I was out in Dillingham and I brought a friend of John and mine and he was in shock over the cost of what it cost to fill up the skiff to go hunting(1.78 then) and we told him Bob(chrissy's brother) and I would get the gas and he can get the grub we wanted from N&N. We bought a couple of things and it was about 100 bucks. He was supprised over how anybody could afford to live there.

Coyote, milk in Anchorage is on sale all the time for 2 for 4 dollars or 2 for 5, regular price for 2% is 3.89 but it is on sale every other week and you can make it from one sale to the next and gas is 1.61 to 1.73.AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Range Rover

Hey guys, i'd like to know how to make the pictures smaller? I can post very few of mine because of the size limit. thank regor

Old 02-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Much better

Old 02-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Regor, Use Microsoft Paint, mine was found in the acessrories in the files and click on it.
Next open your pictures and select the pic you want.
Now go over to image and click on stretch/scew and delete the horizontal and vertical and put in 60 in each one and the picture will become smaller, when you get it to the size you want
Save as and then I rename the new size for I can remeber to post the right one
Then save.
Go back to your page and upload the smaller version.

I would play with the number alittle to get the biggest alowed, the first time I made them small and did not show enough detail so I redid them and they are much nicer. Hope this helps. It took me over a month until I was able to understand this function and now I switched out my photos including resizing in less then 10 minutes.

MikeCer, Thanks and thanks to Raptor too, i realy like that photo to. My sister-n-law took that one while they were kayaking and the plane landed real close to them. One question for Raptor, how do you use the quote option? AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Regor, I checked out your photos and I see quite a contrast from the green grass at your home to the snow. How far of a drive is it for you. Also I think your friend might want to get a bigger trailer. Nice photos. AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AlaskaBoy
Coyote, where does your brother-n-law live?

He lives down south in Juneau, Alaska.

Old 02-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

Hey Matt, thanks for the help onl the pictures. It's not too far from sacramento to get anywhere. 1-2 hrs to get to 3 differernt forests. I've got some new pictures from thurs, that i have to resize. Went riding in a snowstorm, what a blast. Haven't seen snow like that since i lived in maine.

Old 02-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Regor, your welcome. I have been helped alot on the pictures issue so it was my turn to give back. I am still learning this computer and I find new capabilitys with it all the time.
1 to 2 hours to the trails, that is the same for me. I usually go 2 or more to get to my favorite trails, there worth the extra drive time in my mind and I get to stay so it is nice not haveing to drive back after working all night then driving the 2 hours and then ride all day and not worry about the return trip. There is a couple of old trapper cabins that have repaired over the years and I try to grab one of those if it is realy cold or if it rains alot. We use them in the winter when we ride snowmachines to warm up occaionaly we stay over night. I went to the cabin the first week of november and we got dumped on and we were riding the quads and my buddy was getting realy nervous about getting the quads stuck there until there was enough snow to get them with the snowmachines but we made it back, took along time busting trail but it was fun. I will look for you new photos. AlaskaBoy.

Quick Reply: Finaly figured how to make the pictures smaller