Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

New Technology?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004 | 05:52 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default New Technology?

I have been shopping around for some time and reading everyone’s thoughts on sport quads. The Predator comes ready to race out of the box without having to add on thousands of dollars of accessories. Plus I am really sold on the anti-dive and anti-bump steer. Is this simply a suspension configuration or is there some new technology behind it?

Old 04-20-2004 | 06:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Technology?

The pred is pretty high tech, it has a DOHC engine,the anti drive does work well the shocks are tuned very well from the factory and no bump steer...

To my knowledge the Predator is the only quad with PRO steering with zero bump steer it has a steering box like set up its kinda hard to explain(i have never been good going into details via of text[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])..

I love my pred the 04s are perfect! shifts smooth,wheelies are easy and the ride is smooth its the best handling quad i have ever been on, BTW its FAST...

I can see you have seen all the neat stuff the pred comes with stock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best of all its cheap i got my 04 TLD for 5,600OTD!

Welcome to the forums!

Old 04-23-2004 | 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Technology?

It isn't race ready out of the box, but no machine is in 04 cept maybe a Gas Gas.

Old 04-24-2004 | 02:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default New Technology?

Originally posted by: trailrider500
The pred is pretty high tech, it has a DOHC engine,the anti drive does work well the shocks are tuned very well from the factory and no bump steer...

To my knowledge the Predator is the only quad with PRO steering with zero bump steer it has a steering box like set up its kinda hard to explain(i have never been good going into details via of text[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])..
The Pred is the only atv with PRO steering because it stands for "Polaris Rider Optimized" steering system. It would be pretty hard to find that on a honda...

The shocks are good, but they arent great. An entry level set of elkas will still show them up.

The blaze and moto were race ready. The gas gas is almost road ready, and the polaris is no where in sight.

Old 04-24-2004 | 03:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Technology?

[quote]
Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: trailrider500The pred is pretty high tech, it has a DOHC engine,the anti drive does work well the shocks are tuned very well from the factory and no bump steer...To my knowledge the Predator is the only quad with PRO steering with zero bump steer it has a steering box like set up its kinda hard to explain(i have never been good going into details via of text[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])..
The Pred is the only atv with PRO steering because it stands for "Polaris Rider Optimized" steering system.

No **** dick tracy! where did you get your first clue??? I knew what PRO stood for...

I was just saying,other quads have a out dated steering design, that is as simple as can be and dont work all that well(when dealing with bump steer)...

Old 04-24-2004 | 04:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default New Technology?

dont get your panties in a bunch

Old 04-24-2004 | 11:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Technology?

Originally posted by: maddog56
dont get your panties in a bunch

lol

They needed to be washed after that last post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] j/k

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2004 | 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Technology?

I think if the Polaris design was that good someone in the aftermarket would be using it. They aren't... take that for what it's worth.