Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

HOW MUCH TO PAY?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004 | 05:20 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

Can anybody tell me what a good price for ATVs would be? That is I know MSRP is just that, a suggestion. What is a good rule of thumb when purchasing an ATV regardless of the MSRP? Is 5% under MSRP as the out the door price reasonable?

For example, I NEVER pay more than 'invoice' price' for a new car but i have no clue on what is reasonable for an atv especially when invoice prices for ATVs are NOT published freely.

Old 06-02-2004 | 06:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

wow that question is way to vague to answer atvs can vary from about $2500 to $13,000 it all depends on what your looking for be more specific on what you want and i might be able to help you. i dont know much about the prices of utility atvs but i might be able to help you on sport atv. i have a pretty good feel for the used market but it sounds like you want to buy new but i know i like to haggle for hours just to get the price as low as possible. so when you go to wherever your going to buy your four wheeler talk to the person and get a feel for what they're like then offer them much less than what they're asking for (but dont insult them) and if they wont take it they'll just counter it or just say no. but be very polite.

Old 06-03-2004 | 02:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

It does depend on a few things. Time of year, dealer cost, location, new model, old model, how desperate is the buyer, how desperate is the seller, rebates, sales competition, and so on.

I try to stay at least a couple hundred under the retail price. Out the Door.

Old 06-03-2004 | 11:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

MSRP for my quad is 6599, I paid 6400 out the door, I also had to travel about an hour to find a large enough dealership to get the deal, and i think different parts of the country have different prices...

Old 06-07-2004 | 03:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

well to give you an example the msrp on my 650 arctic is 7300 dollars american and i paid 6800 for it plus i got a 2500 pound warn winch for free (was supposed to pay 70 dollars for it) plus i got those really nice handguars which run about 50 dollars for free if you buy straight out brand new you can get really good deals if you go to the right dealer but if you buy lot of extra's and keep going to the same dealer to buy all your extra's and they get to know you they will give you a very very good deal i usually get about 5 to 10 percent off everything i buy at this place cause i buy alot of clothing and extra's

Old 06-07-2004 | 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

I live in So Cal and it's so hard to find any dealers that have reasonable yfz prices. What is the best time of year to buy one? I hear of other people getting them for 6300 OTD but I can't find one for under 7200 OTD.

Old 06-09-2004 | 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

the sport quads go cheaper towards the winter, if you want to wait that long

Old 06-11-2004 | 10:04 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

I too live in SoCal and I've gone to three dealers and offered MSRP as the OTD price and I was basically laughed at at all three. Of what I've read on the forum, most of the people on the East coast and midwest can get away with couple hundred under MSRP as the OTD price but definetly not in SoCal.

Does anbody know of a dealer in SoCal that will give an OTD price that's not over MSRP? If not, what is the best price we can get in SoCal? 3% over MSRP as the OTD price? Maybe 5% over? What?

Old 06-13-2004 | 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

Originally posted by: Trinity748
I live in So Cal and it's so hard to find any dealers that have reasonable yfz prices. What is the best time of year to buy one? I hear of other people getting them for 6300 OTD but I can't find one for under 7200 OTD.
Bert's Mega mall in Covina.
I paid $5900.00 O.T.D. for my 04 Raptor and they even delivered it 200 miles to me for free.....

Old 06-15-2004 | 06:15 PM
Range Rover
Default HOW MUCH TO PAY?

atvtrader.com

you'll see what the best prices are throughout the nation in 5 minutes.