Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Ozark/ Recon prices...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ozark/ Recon prices...

Where were you 18 replies ago?

Old 06-18-2004, 02:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: triplejfarm
Hey...we meet again....
<grin....>
I think it may be all your fault that this will be the THIRD atv I have bought in a year....
Just kidding....<grin>
Hey...... how is it my fault? I'm just an innocent bystander.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer

Coyotechaser,

"just an innocent bystander".........??!!

I will just sit here and pretend you didnt say that...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (at least the "innocent" part....)

I have to admit...you do more than your fair share of answering questions here.....
you have answered my questions on several different occasions..... over the last year...
I probably wouldnt have been as confident with doing all this had it not been for your help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Deb

Old 06-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: triplejfarm
Coyotechaser,

I have to admit...you do more than your fair share of answering questions here.....
you have answered my questions on several different occasions..... over the last year...
I probably wouldnt have been as confident with doing all this had it not been for your help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Deb
It was nice of you to type that. It's nice to here back from people that I might have helped in a small way. Most of the time, I answer a question to never hear anything more about a subject. I hope you are enjoying your other quads and haven't had any problems with them. (If you did it's the dealers fault. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]j/k) I hope everything goes well with the 250ex and I hope you like it.

Side note- If you do get the 250ex. Tell your husband that it doesn't have a oil filter to change with each oil change. Just change the oil. That way he won't be left searching for a filter for hours. Or you won't be left searching for hours.

Old 06-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

I gotta say, get the Ozark! We have one and love it. We looked at the Recon and it looks kinda cheezy compared to the Ozark. The suspension and handling is supposed to be better on the Ozark too. The seat is super comfy too! If you can, look at them next to each other, you'll see the difference....

Old 06-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well, you sure have been a big help....!!!
I felt very overwhelmed with the decisions I had to make, which quad, what brand, what dealer, etc...
and when women try to buy stuff like quads and trucks...sheesh.... they treat you like you dont know squat... when I bought my dually, I had to tell the "salesman" how much it could pull, tow loads etc...
sheesh.....
but I suppose that comes from all the miles hauling to Rodeo's... hauling horse trailers.
Quads are easier than horses.....lol....dont have to feed them in the winter...<g>
Thanks for the tip about the oil..... great..... I would have been the dumb blond chik trying to find the oil filter.... is there a screen..??? or nothing at all...??
you should have seen me trying to drain the oil out of my sons E-ton and put in smokeless oil so he coulds race indoors..(not a pretty sight) ...well...I have to say, I have learned along the way....I also know how to change the disk brakes on it now....so far.....lol

and..... who said the husband changes the oil......??
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Deb

Old 06-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: triplejfarm[/i

and..... who said the husband changes the oil......??
I tried to cover my bottom by adding "or you won't be left searching for hours". I guess I didn't cover it good enough. I guess I assumed it because I always have to do it.

Did you end up buying the 250ex today? If so, how did everything work out?

Old 06-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Trailblazer

Hope you had a good weekend..!!!

Went to the Honda Dealer Friday night, They had it ready to go, had the paperwork done....
dang...they knew I was a sucker huh..???
anyway, as we sat down, he asked me *if* I was going to buy it for sure...I told him on that I had a question BEFore we did all the paperwork, I asked him if the Bonus Bucks were used in the price...
he said "no, there is no bonus bucks on this model"......I showed him what I had.....
He said that they had to have a "form" from Honda, that I had to sign.....so they got their money back from honda.....and HOnda had NOT sent them any forms..... so he looked at the forms, agreed that IF their was bonus bucks he ceartainly wanted me to get them....so He got on the "dealer site" for honda, found the forms , printed them off......and .....
Long story short......<grin>
I got the 250ex for $3266 out the door.....and $200 worth of helmet,gloves, goggles, 3 qts of oil, 2 spark plugs, and a free oil change.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ok now the review.....
I do like it.....
I dont like that is has no backup starter...or OIL light.... whats up with that...?
It isnt fast to start.... but easily reaches 50mph in about 3/4 mile.....
the Kodiak... whooped it.... easily....lol....( but I expected that)....its a 250.....ha
I kind of like the feeling if the racks out front..on the kodiak...... gives you a bigger feeling.....
the 250 feels a bit snub nosed....
It runs good, rides great..... goes better on the trails than the kodiak.... I dont have to keep stopping
and backing up..... hahaha....
it manuvers better,and isnt as wide....
so over all.....there are things I miss...but for the money I think its a great machine..... husband had fun, messing with it, Pretending he knew how to slide it around....and be a racer..... hahah

Ok..now for the oil change comment.....I was just picking at you...NO offense taken at ALL.....
Heck I would GLADLY let someone else change the oil.....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thanks....Deb

Old 06-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess the cheaper the quad the less they'll have on them. Hopefully you won't need the pull start or oil light. I have a bunch of things on my Foreman compared to my Recon. Now I think about what if something goes wrong with this or that. At least you don't have to worry about water and mud getting into the hole where the pull rope would come out. Less to go wrong.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I can't see how they wouldn't know about the bonus bucks. It also seems like they should have all the forms needed on hand. Maybe he was hoping that you would just drop the bbucks subject. But you didn't and you won. It's great that you were able to get all the extras. I can't remember signing a form for the bonus bucks. Maybe that's the one I can't find. What did it say?

I think the 250ex will grow on you.

How do you like the Kodiak?

Old 06-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, your right....less stuff to break...hahah
The form for the bonus bucks was just a slip, then they turned in the receipt to Honda, and the dealer gets reimbursed, I didnt keep any of it, they did....
I dont think he honestly knew about them, he had the bonus buck forms for the CRF and some other "specials" they had going on..... but he quickly got on line and took care of it....
He didnt seem to mind, and I didnt have to ask twice.... he said that was great, because it helps him sell more stuff, and honda pays him back for it...
He helped me pick out helmet and stuff....he is the one who suggested buying oil and spark plugs for the last $9 to fill out the whole $200....
I think it will grow on me as well.....
I like the Kodiak..... it feels HUGE compared to the 250.... but I like the feeling of riding the bigger kodiak... but onthe flip side the 250 cuts thru the trees much better....
It is cold blooded...much more than the Kodiak.....
I still think it was a good choice.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Now if I could just find some trails that allow kids under 10 to ride, me and the son could go for a trail ride...he is 6 and has a 50cc.....but here in MI no one under 10 is allowed....so I have been searching the internet looking for private trails, or other states that allow it.....
Coal Creek in TN allows it...but man oh man is that a drive......but..I may have to go for it if the price of gas goes down.....

Quick Reply: Ozark/ Recon prices...