Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

ATV reliability

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-1999 | 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

Go to Austin, Minnesota. Thats where the Honda, Arctic Cat, and Skidoo dealer is. You go there and ask them if they will take your polaeis in on trade. The name of the dealer is Trimbles. To Tell You the truth I was surprised he said that. But he did.

Mud600

Old 08-26-1999 | 04:47 PM
Range Rover

I only wish for once in 14 years honda would actually change there quad! They are falling behind!

Old 08-27-1999 | 01:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Why change something that people continue to keep buying? Just because you personally don't like the unchanged Honda lineup doesn't mean other people don't. If you want to get down to it, the largest majority of quad owners are utility bike owners, and an overwhelming majority of them are not on this ATV forum or any other for that matter. These are everyday Joes that buy a quad for a purpose and don't get all caught up in speed, performance, suspension, or modifations. They want a good bike that will do its job and last a long time. They could care less that the 300 hasn't been changed. Honda knows this. They are going to get repeat sales from most of the people who already bought hondas, because they had good luck with them.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 08-27-1999 | 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gordon_L_Banks,

In regards to your reliability comparison figures stated in your Aug. 22nd. post, referenced from ATV Magazine, I have two questions. Were the number of sampled buyers of each brand mentioned the same? If not, what were the sample numbers of each brand?

Percentage figures can be misleading if all factors are not knowen.

------------------
Big_Al

Old 08-28-1999 | 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

When you're sitting in the woods, waiting for someone to help you out, you're stranded--for whatever reason. Being stranded is, well, being stranded!!!!!!!! No excuse shortens the length of the walk out.

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 08-28-1999).]

Old 09-01-1999 | 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

Dave I agree with you.
Gordon saw a Kawasaki quad being towed out but he clearly and intentionally forgot it.
I understand Dave ,that you had no choice, but correct his anti Polaris statement.I do not see it as a cheap shot, the truth here was raped.Very sad day for this country.

For all of you anti Polaris people.
You just dont want to admit , that you made a mistake and did not buy Polaris. The BEST.
You can always sell your quad and buy Polaris.It makes you special and very happy person. By the way I invite everybody who will be visiting Chicago for dinner. We'll further discuss this toping.

Joe

Old 09-01-1999 | 10:27 AM
Range Rover

HISTORICAL NOTE

That transmogrification into a “special person” J.C. speaks of, which occurs when one buys a Polaris, was first described by Frank Kafka in his magazine article “Metamorphosis”. Kafka wrote this in direct response to Polaris naysayer, Fred Nietzsche, after Fred told everybody his Polaris was dead.

Army Man

[This message has been edited by armyman (edited 09-01-1999).]

Old 09-02-1999 | 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

I salute you armyman.I am glad that my post
provoked an educational lesson. Do you know about Kafka's aversion to intercourse,which he called punishment for being together....?

Old 09-02-1999 | 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own a polaris, and while I agree they are the most inovative company in the sport, their quality control is lacking. Mine had to go back to the dealer 4 times for 4 diff problems first 6 months I owned. My second quad is a grizzly and it has been bullet proof. I didn't see Grizzly on your list, all that power and lighter that the artic cat or sports man. You should add it to your list.

Old 09-02-1999 | 08:28 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks all for your advice. I didnt mean to start such a ruckus in here! Thanks to all for your insight, I may be narrowing my search to the Honda or the Grizzly or Kodiak. I dont care about speed or more HP, i want a quad for huntin, plowing, and work around the yard. I definitely want a very reliable machine. After reading the posts in this forum, I may just wait to see what Honda has coming out in a couplee of weeks. Thanks again

Quick Reply: ATV reliability