Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

New Yamaha Special

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004 | 12:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Yamaha Special

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Semo- 24 post per day? When do you sleep?

Old 06-18-2004 | 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

SEMO,

Although you still haven't told me where you're from, I will tell you that it is most likely in your best interest to buy from Abernathy's in Union City, TN, or from Van's Yamaha in Sparta, IL. If you are going to buy a Yamaha atv, these two dealerships will save you significant amounts of money as compared to World of Yamaha in Cape Girardeau or Bootheel Buggies in Dexter.

Check out Abernathy's website (abernathyonline.com) and you'll see that they have some of the best prices in the country. You can also call them and try to get preapproved on a loan. The only thing that I'm not sure of is their financing. I don't remember if they only offer the Yamaha promotional financing or if you can opt for a standard fixed rate loan through Yamaha. I know when I bought my CBR 929 from them in 2001, I had a fixed rate loan through Honda Motor Co.

I don't know which Yamaha you would like to have, but with Honda having the 6.9% fixed rate for up to 5 years on approved credit, the 450R will probably be your best deal especially considering that Abernathy's now has these for $5599! That is not a typo! $5599, not $6499 which is MSRP.

Hope this helps,

Daren

Old 06-18-2004 | 01:09 PM
|
Pro Rider

Ok, I answered in another post... Marble Hill

I have like 10+ hours a day online. I have no life. My post count will go up fast.

also...I have one credit/debit card. My first car I had my father cosign and paid that off via a local bank when i was 16. I am also cosigned and making payments on a piece of property. I owe a lot of money for school. Grand total of debt so far is ~$150,000 I have no credit card debts. This is all student loands / bank loan for property. I have been late paying my property loan a couple of times, but unsure if it will really hurt me. Student loans will be paid off over like 30 years & property will be like 15 i believe

There would be something significantly wrong if w/in 2 years I cannot be paying over $100 a month on a bike. Most of my money goes into overhead & I need to get something for myself. The way I look @ it is a smoker can easily burn $90 a month, so I dont see why I cannot spend that money on myself/bike.

I fear that if I don't get a bike soon, I will have burnout from my job. I used to have a bike before I went to school & all I do is work M-F and half a day saturday . go home eat..watch tv. .. sleep... I need to be able to go riding in evenings & weekends [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004 | 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Huh? Did you ask for the loan to be over a 2 year period? Or are you trying to pay it off before the higher interest rate kicks in? Was your total price $6480.00
yea , i did a 2 year loan at 3.9% interest
with taxes(8.5%) and all the other fee's I will pay around 6400 when its paid off

my boat I did at 6.9% over 4 years and pay a lot more in interest...so I chose the shorter term...plus both my boat and atv will be paid off at same time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004 | 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The reason I asked about credit cards is because the credit companies pass them out to college students like candy. I don't use a credit card unless I have the cash to pay it right off. There are a lot of students that fail from college and have large credit debt.

Maybe you should consider a used quad for a while. You could get something for around $3500.00.

$3500.00 at 10% interest for 4 years would have a monthly payment of $88.77. Interest paid would be $760.91 with a total cost of $4260.91. I used a higher interest rate of 10% because it would probably be higher for a used quad. (Or personal loan.)

Old 06-18-2004 | 01:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Voodoothenoob

yea , i did a 2 year loan at 3.9% interest
with taxes(8.5%) and all the other fee's I will pay around 6400 when its paid off

my boat I did at 6.9% over 4 years and pay a lot more in interest...so I chose the shorter term...plus both my boat and atv will be paid off at same time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It's good that the loan will be paid off in 2 years.

Old 06-18-2004 | 02:00 PM
|
Pro Rider

oh and BTW, I should be in the position to either pay it off significantly early after the 2 years. Or get a different solid bank loan to pay the balance after 2 years.

Old 06-18-2004 | 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

What model atv do you want?

Old 06-18-2004 | 03:03 PM
|
Pro Rider

new le raptor

Old 06-18-2004 | 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

SEMO,

Another dealer worth checking into is B&B Boats and Bikes in Sikeston, Mo. They just became a Yamaha dealer in the last year and seem to have prices almost as low as Abernathy's. They have carried Honda and Polaris as long as I've been going there.

Daren

Quick Reply: New Yamaha Special