Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Kind of depressing and mad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004 | 07:11 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Kind of depressing and mad!!!

Just bought two new Eigers this spring. Less than 350 miles on them. Well the wifes is making a heck of a racket. Took it to two different Suzuki dealers to have it looked at. The first one cleaned out the clutch area and that was it. Well it was still making a heck of a racket. Took it to another dealer, the one we bought them from. Well they basically said that, "thats just the way its going to sound". They called the factory and talked to the tech there and they said that some are going to have more "noise" than others.

Fruitjacket and Mudstud know what kind of noise its making. I kind of mad cause mine is alot quitier than hers. Personally I just want to get rid of them, but I think we would loose our butts. Plus not sure what kind to get. I've done some looking and from what I've seen Suzuki, Artic Cat, and Kawasaki are all the same motors. In fact Artic Cat doesn't even take the time to have thier name put on the motor like Suzuki does. Thinking of Honda, but man they are expensive and I want one with a "low" range option.

This may just pass, but man I am just pi**ed.

Old 06-22-2004 | 07:17 PM
Range Rover

My brother's wife's quad, an auto eiger, does the same thing. The exhaust sounds weird, right?

Old 06-22-2004 | 10:00 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Well it sounds like motor noise to me. They checked out the clutch again, but said everything is find. Exhaust sounds the same, it just seems like a noisy engine.