Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

New Impuls 50

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-1999, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got a brand new Impuls 50 for my son. What a nice bike. Oil injected, electric start, auto, turns real easily and good brakes. I looked up some used 50 quads and that's what made me decide on the new Impuls.
Does anyone else have one? I've read some good reviews on it, something about the company has made 2-stroke scooters in Taiwan for almost 50 years. Just wondering about reliability and such. It should last a long time considering how little and how easily it will be ridden, although for $1500 bucks, even if something goes, no big deal. Any input would be appreciated...

------------------

Old 09-25-1999, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep, my 7 year old daughter has the Impuls 50, and it has performed flawlessly. She has really ridden the crap out of the little bike, and it has been bulletproof. We went through the same thing eveyone else does, looked at every 50, 80 & 90 cc quad available, and bought the Impuls. My local dealer Depot Power Center in Blairsville GA has sold dozens of the little bikes, and he claims not one has been back with a problem.

Check out this months ATV& 4 Wheel Action for a 50cc shootout. Impuls blew the rest away, they claimed it even out ran several 90 cc machines.

My daughter took her Impuls to a birthday party where there were several other small quads available to ride, Quadsport 80, Honda 90, Badger, Breeze etc., and guess what most of the smaller kids wanted to ride, the Impuls. I think you made a great decision, and you should get really great service from it. Happy Riding.

Old 09-27-1999, 10:28 AM
Rod
Trailblazer

Greetings,

I was out shopping for a kids quad this weekend and the dealer had a few mini quads called the Elan-x (I think that's right). It came in 50 and 90 cc versions and a variety of bright solid colors. From the looks of things in the Dirt Wheels article, it is exactly the same as the Impuls. While it may be too small for my needs, I was impressed with the fit and finish of the thing -- especially the suspension which seemed very good for such a small inexpensive model.
Anyway, does anyone know if it is the same quad as the Impuls (and why do they release them under different names)?

Thanks,

Rod

Old 09-27-1999, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Not sure about the Elan, but E-TON, Impuls & Sundiro are all the same bike. I believe E-TON is the manufacturer, and it sells units to the other guys.

Old 09-28-1999, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not sure if Elan and Impuls are the same, but like the previous poster said, the impuls is made by e-ton which is a fairly old company in Taiwan. They have made everything from scooters to military vehicles. I have a friend who does some business in that part of the world and said E-ton is a subsidiary of some huge private/government conglomerate. So the idea of buying something w/out support should not be an issue. I also saw the parts list w/prices for the Impuls, nothing was very expensive. Time will tell though.

------------------
Mike...99 Scrambler 400, 94 Kawasaki Bayou 400(newly rebuilt), 99 Impuls 50(Matt's)

Old 09-29-1999, 10:37 PM
Range Rover

I bought the Impuls90 for my nine year old this summer and am really impressed with it. the only difference is wider a-arms and rear axle with bigger tires and the cc's of course. Our dealer also said that none of many, many Impuls' have returned for repairs.

------------------
Steve Small, 00' 400ex, 00' 325 Trail Boss for the Mrs.

Old 10-01-1999, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

My 7yr old son's Impuls 50 is six months old now and the only problem I've had was the rear teather switch. The motor would lose power and die sometimes and it was hard starting. I check the resistence of the switch and it was high so I cleaned the switch and it took care of the problem. I'm really impressed with the power of it when he climbs hills. Its a very good quad, also at a good price.