Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

New to ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 03:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to ATV's

In regards to the childs atv, where is it to be ridden? If it is in public facilities, you need to check out the rules. In some of the states around me, it is illegal to allow a child under 16 to be on anything larger than a 90cc. In one state I rode in the park rangers checked the documents to prove age. I heard that the parent could be fined in that state for allowing underaged kids to ride atv's larger than 90cc. Some states don't care. It would be a shame to buy a 150 for your child then he can't ride it with you at the ATV park.

Old 09-18-2004, 04:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default New to ATV's

Couple of things to remember about ebay:

It's a lousy way to buy a machine that's likely to have been subjected to hard use, like a hot 2 stroke quad. People don't juice those machines up just to drive to the mailbox in the evening. Something high strung like a Banshee - you want to look at it in person.

There seem to be a lot of scam atv sales on ebay. Typically, they will be located overseas, with a sob story about how the person is broke, they'll pay shipping ($1k+), blah, blah...

Old 09-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default New to ATV's

Get the Brute Force 750 V its 4x4, mad fast (like faster than the v-force fast).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]