Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Best All Around 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best All Around 4X4

If you're worried about having problems I would stick to a machine that has been around for a while and has fixed all the bugs that you usually see on a bran new model machine.

All these machines will do everything you will ever need and more. One question to ask is what quality to want more and go with the machine that more of what you are looking for.

When I was looking I didn't care what brand I went with so I went with a company that gave me the most of what I was looking for. I wanted a very sporty sport/utility machine that could also do utility at a good price. I thought and still think Suzuki makes these types of machines. At the time I didn't want to spend the money for a larger 700cc machine so I went with the 500cc Vinson. At that time and still wins every 500cc class shootout at the cheaper price than most. In fact most Suzukis are priced lower than most others in their class. With that said if you want more of a utility machine then there are other machines out there that will beat Suzuki any day.

Go with what you want they are all good. If you go out with any of us I'm sure most will let you do a test ride if you ask.

Old 12-22-2004, 02:26 AM
Range Rover

Thanks Outrage.

I am going to go check out the Suzuki dealership tomorrow.
I have not seen the King Quad in person.

A lot of people have been recommending that machine and I see it won the shootout in the ATV magazine that I got the other day between Polaris, Suzuki and Kawasaki.

If Suzuki is as good as everyone says, I might give them a shot and get one.

Thanks for your help!!

Old 12-22-2004, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

Have you been to Arctic Trails yet? You can see what everyone around here in Alaska ride along with PICs of places we ride. You'll have to create an account to see the trails though. Good luck on your new purchase.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Jaykers,
since I really wanted my next ATV to be an EFI model,I would have to take a hard look at the Polaris 800EFI for a second choice....If I did'nt have to have an EFI model,it would probably be the 660 Grizz by Yamaha...If the Brute Force did'nt have so many first year issue's,I'd of really concidered it too.

Bill

Old 12-26-2004, 12:37 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the help Bill

Old 12-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Hmmm... and you wish to use it how? the best one is the one you can afford to buy, afford to maintain, and not second guess your purchase decision. Arriving at that decision can be done several ways... choosing by price, feature, fit, dealer etc all are good ways to choose, each has it's own flaws though... so I suggest you do what many of us have done.. buy one of each.. and let your buddies ride the ones you don't use...

Old 12-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Range Rover

I am probably going to go with a Yamaha Grizzly 660

I have a few friends that own them and they seem to be very reliable machines.

They start right up in cold weather too.

Old 12-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

The Yamaha dealership here is pretty good. I'm sure you'll be happy...have you rode your friend's machines? I like the looks but it feels a little tippy for me but it's a good quad nonthelesss. Get a winch and upgrade the tires so you can ride in the snow. I'll see ya on the trails.

Old 01-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Alaskaboy has a new Kodiak 450.. and he hunts, and pulls tons of stuff in and out of the bush with it including a moose or two. Along with the mundane stuff like plowing and such... Give him a shout...

Old 02-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Be aware of the king quad transmissioni issue.....http://www.petitiononline.com/KingQuad/petition.html