Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

looking for a quad, for a big guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a quad, for a big guy

its been decided a raptor 660 it is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ill have it wednesday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 02:38 AM
Trailblazer

did u get it did u get it huh huh lol how do u like ur ride

Old 03-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer

ds 650 ... good for big guys

Old 03-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Range Rover

I got it!!!!
proud owner of an 04 raptor 660, only mod is dpg* (spelling) rear bumper that came with it.
The quad is absolutely amazing I took it out last night on some trails/mud, then the open street, its everything i wanted and much much more [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 03:28 AM
Range Rover

Why not a DS??

Old 03-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I want you to stand in front of a mirror and slap yourself silly.. and repeat after me.....

I will never ride in the road....
I will never ride in the road
I will never ride in the road...

This innocent act is what is causing problems for all ATV riders from one end of the country to another. Nothing turns public opinion against us faster than someone just seeing what she will do on the road.... there are laws and reasons against it... Follow them please. Be part of the solution, not the problem......remember all those people who preach acting responsibly? Nuff said...

OK, Now I am off my soap box... Congrats on your new purchase... hope it brings many hours of fun and enjoyment.. albiet legally...

Old 03-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Range Rover

No I will not slap myself in the face and YES I WILL ride it in the road on occasion. BECAUSE I WANT TO, anyone who rides an atv in ct is "part of the problem" because we have NO WHERE LEGAL TO RIDE! so if i want to to take my baby on an empty back road I WILL. Its not a regular thing but I'f I'm in between trails I have no regret ripping down an EMPTY road and testing my babies limits.

Not starting a big debate here over whats right or wrong, just giving you my opnion on the matter. And thank you it is looking good since the waether is warming slowly.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

Hey iiijay, I'm looking at a 660 myself. Did you buy it from a dealer? I'm looking at one from skarkcycle in vernon, CT but they want 4000 for a 2002. If you don't mind me asking, what would a 2004 cost me out the door? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good luck with the new ride.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Range Rover

I paid 5g out the door with a 170$ helmet and goggles. I know that I could ahve gotten him down to 4800 out the door if i really really wanted to, but the price was fair, the rappy only has about 10 hours on it, the tires are still brand new, it also has a dg rear bumper... hope that helps.... are you a first time rider?

Old 03-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I guess I should be thankful that you didn't buy a gun for hunting and found out that hunting was illegal.

The point is this... CT has a problem with trails being closed because of people with the same attitude getting the locals upset.. and when they complain, you lose riding areas. So in effect, these stunts on the road are part of the cause.. you only have yourself, and other like minded riders to blame for no legal trail system. Of course it sounds like you don't care anyway... so I guess we wont need to fight for your rights to ride there....

Quick Reply: looking for a quad, for a big guy