Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

IRS or SRA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005 | 04:16 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default IRS or SRA?

No. Haven't bought yet. Allot of my friends are into mudding and riding pretty fast through some mud/rock infested areas...I'm just wondering how SRA will handle this kind of stuff (clearance) and will I end up feeling like I got the crap beat out of me at the end of the day while they sit pretty on their IRS machines....

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Can't make up my mind!!!!!

:-)

Old 05-24-2005 | 09:08 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default IRS or SRA?

If you are looking for a two year warantee on a IRS, Arctic Cat offers that. Biggest they have is the 650 though. But you can get it with either a single cylinder or the kawasaki v-twin.

700vtwinman, when did you upgrade to the new 2005's? Last I checked I though you had a 2004 P700???

Old 05-27-2005 | 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default IRS or SRA?

patenaud,

IRS vs SRA is the same thing I when through when buying my first 4x4. I wanted a 4x4 but wanted to keep a sporty feel so I went with a Suzuki Vinson (SRA)...this machine is real nice. Once I got to riding here in Alaska with all my friends I found that I needed aftermarket tires to keep up in the mud, snow and general trails so I bought some aftermarket tires. Once these were installed I found that some of the sporty feel of the quad had went away but I gained a much better 4x4 quad. After a year or so I started to have some back problems and thought I'd try an IRS machine so I bought a KQ. I love the extra power and the IRS for comfort and ground clearance (which is great for mud, snow, & rocks).

The best thing to do is ride each quad before buying. I would try and find a friend that will let you take it for a spin that way you can see how they handle on the trail. First decide what kind of rider you will be and where you will be riding. Seeing where you are from I would think an IRS machine would be better but a SRA would do well too. Good luck and happy trails.

RAGE

Old 05-27-2005 | 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default IRS or SRA?

Originally posted by: Catterman
If you are looking for a two year warantee on a IRS, Arctic Cat offers that. Biggest they have is the 650 though. But you can get it with either a single cylinder or the kawasaki v-twin.

700vtwinman, when did you upgrade to the new 2005's? Last I checked I though you had a 2004 P700???

I bought my 750BF about 2 months ago. I really love it for mudding and I love the 700prairie for sportier ridding. I went and looked at the new AC650 vtwin, but the dealer was a jerk and said he would come of $1 off the MSRP.......lozer he was. But the AC650 is a very nice bike and awesome mudder with aftermarket tires.

Old 05-29-2005 | 11:11 PM
Range Rover
Default IRS or SRA?

IRS is better for ride quality but SRA is better (in my opinion) for towing and cornering.
Ive ridden various quads with IRS and to me it feels like rathar than planting the outside tire, the body just sort of rolls in the corners
Over the rocks and the bumps IRS wont pound you as much and over uneven ground you will have better traction and stability.
Cap'n

Old 05-31-2005 | 02:05 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default IRS or SRA?

Originally posted by: 700vtwinman

I bought my 750BF about 2 months ago. I really love it for mudding and I love the 700prairie for sportier ridding. I went and looked at the new AC650 vtwin, but the dealer was a jerk and said he would come of $1 off the MSRP.......lozer he was. But the AC650 is a very nice bike and awesome mudder with aftermarket tires.
700vtwinman, you need to get some pictures up! It would be awesome to see your machines in action![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2005 | 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default IRS or SRA?

I will try to do that this month. We are going to Shilo Ridge riding area in Alto, Texas on June 10-12 and I will try to get some pics.