Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

ATV farm accessories

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV farm accessories

Dear All,
Is there a website or info about where to find and purchase equipment to add to an ATV to do small farm jobs?
Tx,
Pierre

Old 08-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

I would do a search under atv accessories. What do you define as small farm jobs? We use ours to spray, pull light loads like tools and materials on a trailer, a log splitter, hunting and recreational riding. If your planning on grading, digging fence posts, bush hogging, mowing the heavy stuff, dragging or trailering the heavy stuff, picking stuff up and not be dissapointed you will need a tractor. Tractors have become very user friendly with easy handling for the average joe. For $15,000 you can get a quality built KIOTI tractor with hydrostatic(automatic) transmission, flat floor board, industrial tires, power steering, front end loader with an awsome joystick etc. It will run for days on 10 gallons of fuel. Implaments will cost half as much, do 5 times as much, and last 5 times longer.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Tx. Let's imagine that I want an ATV for recreation and still do some work with it -knowing the limits that you pointed out- :
1- which ATV should I buy?
2- Where do I find accessories. Did check and googled it and I get parts, helmets and so on. When I refine search with "farm" or equipment" i get nothing...
Let me know if you can,
PIerre

Old 08-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Don't know what kind of ATV you are looking at, but Arctic Cat has some amazing MRP attachments for farm and other type of jobs. Go to their website and request the accessories catalog. However if you plan to do a lot more trail riding then hunting or utility work you might want to check out a brand. Cat's do good on the trails, but others are better. However you can't beat them for utility work and farm equipment/camping/construction/hunting attachments.