Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Name My ATV

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Name My ATV

Well, basically what I want is something that is reasonably priced, has an automatic tranny, has a peppy engine, 4WD is not a neccessity but it is welcome. Racks are also welcome. The Scrambler seems to fit the bill, but i know Polaris has a mixed reputation. I like my friend's magnum, but it is lacking in top end power. What other atvs have an auto tranny and are as powerful as the scrambler?

Old 10-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name My ATV

Originally posted by: swampdonkey5
Well, basically what I want is something that is reasonably priced, has an automatic tranny, has a peppy engine, 4WD is not a neccessity but it is welcome. Racks are also welcome. The Scrambler seems to fit the bill, but i know Polaris has a mixed reputation. I like my friend's magnum, but it is lacking in top end power. What other atvs have an auto tranny and are as powerful as the scrambler?
KFX700 definitely fits the bill in most of those categories. It's got a good amount of pep -- about 50 hp to the rear wheels. Probably more power than the scrammy. It's 2wd, and doesn't come stock with racks but that's easily fixed via the after market. Or at least a rear rack anyway.

Old 10-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Name My ATV

What other atvs have an auto tranny and are as powerful as the scrambler? >>>>>>

The V-force would be good but they are more then the Outlander.

Old 10-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Name My ATV

ajd, I see you are from Henrietta. I live about 30 minutes from you, near Batavia.

I think the KFX700 might be a bit too much for me, in price and power. I was thinking of something about in the 400-500cc range. I really dont need to go 75mph...Someone near me has a 2004 Scrambler 500 for sale. They are asking $3950. Is this a good deal?

Old 10-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Name My ATV

get the rancher, my mom had one and there extremely nice, ride nice decent power for its size, and very fun to ride..just my 2 cents

Old 10-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Name My ATV

Originally posted by: ajd187
Originally posted by: swampdonkey5
KFX700 definitely fits the bill in most of those categories. It's got a good amount of pep -- about 50 hp to the rear wheels. Probably more power than the scrammy. It's 2wd, and doesn't come stock with racks but that's easily fixed via the after market. Or at least a rear rack anyway.
50hp to the rear wheels?where did you come up with that info?ive seen a few dyno results and they only make low 30's to the rear wheels and even when piped they still dont get out of the 30's..

swampdonkey,the scrambler 500 seems to be what your looking for!its reasonably priced,auto tranny,once you add a pipe and clutch kit its plenty peppy,it wont have a problem reaching mid 60's.
the v-force 700 does have more power than the scrambler but its lacking the 4x4,if the V had 4x4 it would be the perfect sport/ute quad but it doesnt.