Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

My sons first quad...HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My sons first quad...HELP!!!!!!

Originally posted by: Hoopie
I hope your kidding Sparky! he would kill himself on that.

I think you should get two quads. one for yourself to enjoy and plow snow. there as many options as opionions on what to get and one for your son. Find out if he wants a sport quad or utility and go from there. I wouldmt recommend anything over 300 cc in a sport quad though at that age and 400 for utility.
LOL Yeah I was kidding. I totally agree about getting 2, Louie. And here's the best plan:
Get the Hawkeye for your son, and make him plow. It's not like it will be a job for him. He'll have a blast doing it.
Get the other one I recommended for yourself!! Then, if you don't feel comfortable on it I'll meet you half way and trade you even for my z. Look at all the money I've dumped into it already and less than 2 tanks!! (Just to be clear I am completely kidding, don't know if it would be considered a classified type listing if I was serious.)
I don't know where in NY you are, but check this place out. I actually drove 3 hours to buy mine there.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My sons first quad...HELP!!!!!!

Yeahhh, I think we are all assuming the kid will crash and not the dad... Hey, accidents happen to the best of us... I walk with a cane now because of it.. and I knew better.

Buy two. Get him a blaster or something similar... get yourself a Kodiak, or a Rubicon for the plow work... Or maybe get a side by side like a rhino and take the wife along... best of both worlds... and it makes it easier to sell the expense if the spouse is included.