Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

which big bore atv to buy ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which big bore atv to buy ???

i know i am probably to late but i had my outy 800 out in about a foot of snow this wk with a few other utes

grizz was one, couple popo's

when i got to the spot to meet them they were all trying to climb this steep hill with all the fresh snow on it, nobody made it up everone was spinning and coming back down..

you couldnt get a run at it cause there is a huge trench right in the front so you need to crawl thru the trench and then climb the hill, so basically you were at a stop in front of the hill.

when i got there they were like lets see you do it , "better put it in low"...i climbed this thing in high like it didnt exist,,it was so easy, even amazed myself...

i dont know why..maybe it was the smooth pulling power or the others were just killing the gas, could of been the weight mine and the outies..dont know but thats the story

this thing is so stabile, it can be driven slow and controlled, or ***** out..just a thought

Old 12-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer

Well i guess it is worth the 9 grand. At least it is doing things that the others cant.It is a big disapointment if u paid alot for an atv and it is a let down.I am goin to s dealer to try a couple of atvs this week.I am still leaning toward the 05 rincon.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

goodluck, anything you choose will be awesome

let us know

Old 12-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you want to stay under or at about 7 grand,than the KQ is a nice choice IMO..

The ONLY reason I sold my 2005 is because I wanted a 2 seater for years but did'nt find the one I liked until the Outty Max hit the showrooms.I enjoyed most everything about the KQ.Its fast,has EFI,excellant downhill braking,a good pulling machine if you want to work it,has disk brakes,and rides nice.And the MSRP is not to bad either when compared to others in its class.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

2sly4u
I agree with muddy4life, you should go for the KQ it's proven itself to me already very reliable even in 10 degree weather, and very fun to drive.

You were talking about getting an ATV that let's you down is very disappointing...I'd stay away from the 05 Rincon...I'm telling you....they've gotten bashed so bad for their lack of power & features even by some of the owners..but this is just what I've heard, I'm just trying to keep you from being sorry you didn't get something that has more power/features for the same MSRP.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

I owned the 2003 Rincon for 2 years and would'nt buy it again.It was not a real troublesome ATV except that I got extremely bored with it after a year or so of ownership.Leaky front drum style brakes were a pain on the a$$,no low range,poor downhill engine braking,no adjustable suspension,no 4x4 locker,all added up to my frustrations.Especially when I watched how much easier the other big bore ATVs handled some of the terrain that the Rincon struggled in.

Old 12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

I do not want a problematic machine. I have heard too many problems with the KQ. I know there is some trade off with a bulletproof honda. I dont want to plunk down 7 grand on a smoker that needs work every year.Id rather be bored than broke. I am still considering a bf 650. Lots of power. but a crappie ride

Old 12-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 2sly4u
I do not want a problematic machine. I have heard too many problems with the KQ. I know there is some trade off with a bulletproof honda. I dont want to plunk down 7 grand on a smoker that needs work every year.Id rather be bored than broke. I am still considering a bf 650. Lots of power. but a crappie ride
Think Grizzly, my man, Grizzly!!! LOL... 2006 (not 2005) Rincon might work, too. I, like you, have decided that I will now be staying far away from the KQ (even though at one point in time I was certain I was going with it). Be wary of the Kawi's. Their 4x4 set-up is not that great, and may leave you hanging (literally) in a tight spot.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer

What do u mean .The late response to4x4 engaging.I heard all you have to do is throttle it lightly.if u get stuck. Also the machine has a 4 year enxtended warranty.That is a bit of piece of mind when riding

Old 12-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Over 1000 miles on my KQ and not the least bit of smoke or oil consumption.

Quick Reply: which big bore atv to buy ???