Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

looking at 2 rider quads

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at 2 rider quads

Im thinking about purchasing a two rider quad. Bombardier has an example of these. Does anyone else make them? Which seem to be the longest lasting with least problems. Thanks
Tgaisser

Old 02-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer

Well, i really like the Polaris X2. It is a 500cc engine powered 2-up quad with the best and fastest changing seating system in the industry. You can change it from a 1-up to a 2-up in under 5 seconds (Under 2 seconds with practice). It also has a dump box and the standard features that you will expect on a Sportsman:

Speedometer/Odometer -------- Standard
Tachometer ---------Standard
Tripmeter ---------Standard
Hourmeter ---------Standard
High Beam Indicator --------Standard
Gear Indicator --------Standard
Fuel Gauge ----------Electric
Warning Lights Hi Temp / LowBattery
Rear Work Lights -------Standard
DC Outlet --------Standard

Old 02-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

The Bombardeir 400 and Arctic Cat 500 has been out the longest and are both great two up quads. The X2 isnt out yet (very few out). If your looking for low maintenance and long dependabiltiy with great features go with the cat 500 TRV model.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Hoopie
The Bombardeir 400 and Arctic Cat 500 has been out the longest and are both great two up quads. The X2 isnt out yet (very few out). If your looking for low maintenance and long dependabiltiy with great features go with the cat 500 TRV model.

Well, ive seen a couple of X2's already and theyre very nice, nicer than the AC's and the older bombardiers. I also like the switching between the 2-up and 1-up riding more. Ive test riden the bombardiers and the x2, and i would rather go for the X2. (Thats only my opinion).

Old 02-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

We have two arctic cat TRV's and we would do it all over again. If the Polaris machines had the dependability and tank like toughness that AC have they would be a contender. But they don't. I also like the quick change seat to cargo box and that option is also available on the AC. When I'm in the grizzly bear inhabited mountain areas I choose the AC over anything else - and I've owned Honda and 3 other Polaris machines to choose from. Not having to walk out is VERY important.

The huge assortment of accessories made for the Artic Cat MRP rack puts AC way ahead of the pack over either Polaris or Bomber for provisioning the machine to different purposes. I may convert one TRV to a TBX. Its the same everything but the box and dump mechanism.

We go on couples rides with many other TRV owners. Everyone has a great time.

I like the Arctic Cat TRV's. Tough as tanks. They are held up as being the best value as well.

Depending on where you live - you may decide to purchase from a dealer that can provide service in your area. If your not up to changing oil - well, thats pretty sad but maybe the dealer could do it for you. LOL The one change I recommend and has been well received is to install heavy duty springs. It makes for a stiffer ride but greatly improves handeling and carrying capacity. Highlifter makes them for the 500i - same same.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

i talked to some ppl the other day and well wait at least a year before buying the polaris x2 i am not getting into just trust me on this one.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

I have not test ridden the Arctic cats yet, but i live about 20 minutes from one. I would also wait a year before buying an X2. It is the same with their snowmobiles. The 05 Polaris Fusion was a great introduction but there were too many complaints, and with the 06 model out, those complaints dont exist.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:11 AM
Trailblazer

I've been looking at the same 3 bikes. I'm looking at 2 passenger quads so I can take passengers but won't do it all the time. I have buddies who ride the Sportsman & the Cats. I've been riding dirt bikes though & this will be my first quad. All 3 of these quads have good power & independant suspensions.

So the deciding factor for me right this second is the back seat. The Polaris is an awesome machine, but it's like they contracted that seat out to the Japanese or something. It doesn't sit up higher & feels like it's going to fold over with my 220 lb a$$ in it on a weak hill climb. The seat backrest on the Bomb is way stronger with 2 steel tubes going down into the frame like 6". But the Speedrack setup & the seat structure itself on the Cats is awesome. It's not portable, but it looks like the safest seat of the bunch.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

I like that x2. Might be trading in 2 of my machines and getting just that one. I like the extra 10 inches in length over the sportsman.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the great help. I am kindof leaning towards the AC right now. Anyone know of any big problem areas ACs have that I should look into if I decide to go with them? Hawkeye, what did you like about the X2? What did you not like about the Bombadier?

Quick Reply: looking at 2 rider quads