Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

What Quad???? Please help me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006 | 03:59 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default What Quad???? Please help me!!!!

Hello guys, I am 15 years old and will be using ebay as my buy tool. I am new to quads and I would like to get one for jumping, duning, and possibly some offroad/trail activity. I want something that I can learn with and keep later so I don't blow a ton of my money into a quad and have to upgrade later. I saw some pretty nice rides on ebay for decent prices. My MSRP max. is 4000$ - 4500$, of course with me using ebay it will be around 1500$ - 2000$. I want something good that will last me a long time, be reliable, something I can tweak to my liking, and good quality. You guys got any suggestions or tips for me?

Thanks, Shredder111=)

Old 03-11-2006 | 06:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Whats your hieght and weight? Some of the beginner quads are a bit small, but if a 300ex fits, its a very good quad to learn on, and most of the older ones are fairly cheap and plentiful..and when you outgrow it, itll be an easy sell for you.

Old 03-11-2006 | 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

cant go wrong with a yamaha blaster great quad to learn on and add on when you need more boost lots of mods for them!

Old 03-11-2006 | 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Be very careful with eBay. Some of the quads on there are scams. If you see a price that is too good to be true check on it first. It may be the real deal but it may also be bull.

Some tips:
If the seller asks you to take the transaction outside of eBay -- RUN.
If the seller asks you to transfer money via Western Union or any other way -- RUN.
If the seller says he's overseas and will ship it to you he is LYING. RUN.

Old 03-12-2006 | 06:00 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I am 5' foot 9" and weigh 138.5 pounds (I am a pretty tall fellow, must have my bro's genes=), he's even taller than me.) I would like to stay away from the children's quads and get something that's more permanent. I do not want to sell my vehicle later because my money doesn't grow on trees=) I have been saving about 2 years for this so I want my $$$ to go extra and get something better. I am planning on taking a safety course too.

I appreciate the fast responses, it's great when you can get some good help.

Keep em' coming, Shredder111=)

Old 03-12-2006 | 05:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Shredder111 this is the best advice I can give you:
DO NOT USE EBAY TO BUY A QUAD UNLESS YOU CAN SEE IT AND PICK IT UP IN PERSON.
I bet 20+% are bogus.

Old 03-13-2006 | 10:23 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I will watch out with ebay and most likely will do pick up auctions only. Any other ATV suggestions? I just bought some Huevos video and this looks like a awesome sport! I really like the look of the Yamaha Blaster, it looks mean!

Keep em' coming, Shredder111=)

Old 03-13-2006 | 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

The stock yamaha blasters look ugly

www.projectblaster.com

go there to see what people have done with theres and when buying used you should probably get a good deal on a good modded one

Old 03-13-2006 | 01:58 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
Shredder111 this is the best advice I can give you:
DO NOT USE EBAY TO BUY A QUAD UNLESS YOU CAN SEE IT AND PICK IT UP IN PERSON.
I bet 20+% are bogus.
beg to differ, bought 2 400 series machines in the last 5 months from ebay users[05 eiger and an 05 cat, both new non currents] ,both had full warrantees and were reputable dealers, saved a total of $3600 on the combined purchases off of advertised list[3750 otd on the eiger, and 4500 otd on the cat[its a tbx model, thats 2 full sized and featured quads for what a lot of people spend for 1]. couldnt find anything locally[ im in chicago] any where remotely close to those savings and i'm strictly a price shopper[all brands ; major ones, are fine imo] in my experience ebay is an excellent shopping venue for buying just about anything including motor vehichles and the extra exposure that a forum like this provides should always be considered when looking for an item[just contracted for a 05 ford club wagon from a lease liquidator in atlanta, the final price was$4200 under wholesale with 2 years of the factory warrantee remaining[15000 miles on truck, sold new on march of 05, a no brainer purchase if that s what your looking for, and i was , nothings a lead pipe guarantee, but thats pretty safe]. to say that ebay is not a good source for this sort of purchase is to miss out on a valuable resource . i am, by the way, not affiliated with ebay ,but am a very satisfied user

Old 03-13-2006 | 02:19 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I will use ebay, I think that if you are careful it is great + I will be doing it with my older bro. Any other suggestions on quads besides a blasta??? I'm open for anything within my price range ;-)

Shredder111=)

Quick Reply: What Quad???? Please help me!!!!