Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

online or ebay purchases?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default online or ebay purchases?

I have been looking around online for a few ATV's for my kids, I really would like to buy from a local dealer so I can actually see the products and I'm a bit skeptical about buying such a large item and having it shipped. Any feedback???

Old 03-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you are going for an "off brand" I recomend Racewayatv.com Shipping is free, havent heard any complaints, and he is VERY helpfull after the sale

Old 03-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

i did consider them, I also tried a few others but having an atv shipped from them to california is a bit sketchy. are there any other kazuma ish dealers in california that you know of?

Old 03-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

also, in another dealer forum somebody had mentioned that Raceway ATV had horrible after the sale service. shipping damage claims, warranty, etc... Any advice? Or do i just buy brand name form a local dealer.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: randerson
also, in another dealer forum somebody had mentioned that Raceway ATV had horrible after the sale service. shipping damage claims, warranty, etc... Any advice? Or do i just buy brand name form a local dealer.
HMMMM........I havent heard of that...........Raceway is the only one I would go with........He has even cleared up problems that other dealers have done. The shipping thing is Usually the buyers/shippers fault....before you sign for it check it out...if it is damaged, DON'T sign!!!!!! But the brand name VS off brand is a personall choice.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

almost sounds like you work for them. I still have had more negative feedback on the Raceway Atv than good so far, but I will keep them in mind. I'm really looking for a closer off brand dealer. Do you know of any. I did see one on here yesterday call the www.theoffroadoutlet.com but i went back to check today and they were deleted. Just looking for a local off-brand dealer. Thanks for your help, I'll keep looking.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: randerson
almost sounds like you work for them. I still have had more negative feedback on the Raceway Atv than good so far, but I will keep them in mind. I'm really looking for a closer off brand dealer. Do you know of any. I did see one on here yesterday call the www.theoffroadoutlet.com but i went back to check today and they were deleted. Just looking for a local off-brand dealer. Thanks for your help, I'll keep looking.
LMAO.......no I dont work for them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]......I have a couple neighbors who have bought from them in the last month and after I sell one of my small dirtbikes, I am going to get a 90 from them for my daughters.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

What about those quads they sell at Kragens and Pep Boys? At least you have it all right there and they should stand behind their product to some degree. My buddy is thinking of getting one for his son figuring he will out grow it soon so no need to spend too much.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

before any of you go off and buy a quad from good'ol pepboys I wanna tell you a little story. (this is what kept me from buying from pepboys) I used to manage the shipping and logistics for a motorsports parts distributor (who shall remain name-less). I started to become interested in the off brand bikes and started to do some research, and question some of my friends about them and if they new anyone who had one. As it turned out our frieght shipping rep had pepboys as one of his clients and had visited their distrabution center. Thank god that he let me know that they had a yard the size of a football field FULL of these "baja motorsports quad and dirt bike things" (as he put it). He asked the warehouse manager what they were in hopes that he might be able to pick one up cheap. The warehouse manager proceeded to tell him that they were all returns, and then continued to tell my shipping rep about how crumby they were and pepboys new it that is why they accepted returns without question (remember that this is in california where we have that no cooling off period thing that basicly states that all motorvehicle sales are FINAL, this law includes quads or any thing with a 17 digit vin number).
That pretty much sealed it for me. Yeah, it is cool that pepboys takes returns but I would rather just buy something and stick with it even if I had to pay a bit more.
So in short, Brian says no to pepboys!!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

So in short, Brian says no to pepboys!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

OK, well that sure does help. I certainely wouldn't get anything for an adult but didn't think a kid would be too rough on one but if they are break down mechanically there is no point.