Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

How much did you pay for your Yamaha Wolverine 450, I am buying one in 3 weeks - need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much did you pay for your Yamaha Wolverine 450, I am buying one in 3 weeks - need advice!

Hello,
I plan on buying a yamaha wolverine 450 4x4 in about 3 weeks. What is a fair price for one of these machines new? What did you pay for yours? I just want to get a fair deal.

Does anyone have any complaints about their new wolverine 450?

Let me know,
Bill

Old 04-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default How much did you pay for your Yamaha Wolverine 450, I am buying one in 3 weeks - need advice!

I payed $5500 otd. I haven't had a single problem with it, other than the horrible floor boards. I have broke each one of them. You won't believe how much better it runs the more miles you buy it. Once you get to around 200 miles, it runs a lot better.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer

Thank for the reply Mcain2, that sounds about what i am willing to pay out the door.

Can i ask you a few questions about your wolverine 450?

How is the speed/power compared to a yamaha warrior or a honda 300EX?

And how is the handling compared to a yamaha warrior or a honda 300EX?

Old 05-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just picked up my wolverine about 2 weeks ago. I ended up paying $6300 out the door with the 4.5 year warranty, taxes, helmet, goggles, and sunglasses. I love almost everything about the machine. The only problems I have is it being a fully automatic and I was hoping it would be a little faster. But I have heard that after a couple hundred miles it will be broken in and ride a lot better.

Old 05-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Wolverine idea, but still it is tobig and heavy for my taste, and I don't have much love for any automatic. Still, I hope it is a trend that other manufacturers will follow, and improve on.

Let us know how you like it....

Old 05-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Range Rover

Wow! $5500 otd is a great price. Here in NY I could only get $6700, no extras at all!! Hopefully by the end of the model year they'll be willing to deal a bit more. I'd say grab it. Good luck

Old 05-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

I like the Wolverine idea, but still it is tobig and heavy for my taste, and I don't have much love for any automatic. Still, I hope it is a trend that other manufacturers will follow, and improve on.
>>>>>>>>>>>

BRP already has with the Renegade.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Hello,
I plan on buying a yamaha wolverine 450 4x4 in about 3 weeks. What is a fair price for one of these machines new? What did you pay for yours? I just want to get a fair deal.>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;

Don't pay more then MSPR OTD, stick to your guns and play dealer's off of each other.

Old 05-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The standard for sport quads is now 350 pounds, and there is no excuse for a utility weighing more than 600 pounds. So, the hybrid of my dreams, has to come in somewhere around 450. That leaves the Wolverine at least 50+ pounds to heavy.

The Renegade??? What a joke! That freaking lard a$$ thing weighs 600 pounds, the same as any of the Japanese big bore utility quads.

The manufacturers are taking the wrong track here. They are trying to lighten up a utility, when what they should be doing, is putting a front drive on a sport quad.

Old 05-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

The Renegade??? What a joke! That freaking lard a$$ thing weighs 600 pounds, the same as any of the Japanese big bore utility quads.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

A joke? That JOKE will smoke ANYTHING out there PERIOD. Your rants and paranoia over the larger utility quads are getting terribly stale.

PERSONALLY I feel more comfortable with a lard *** under my lard ***, I feel safer as well. Just because it's not YOUR preference doesn't make your ranting right, it simply is YOUR OPINION. Do you REALLY believe more people are injured on heavy utility quads then lightweight and FAST sport quads? Honestly?? They say opinons are like bungholes, everyone has their OWN, unfortunately some people like repeating their opinons ad nauseum.

I'm putting a depost on a renegade as soon as they can verify a delivery date and a friend and I have been talking about entering a Baja 250 type event next year. I couldn't even imagine spending half a day on a tiny kids size quad and how I'd feel after the fact.

You prefer small, lightweight quads, obviously it suits your needs/desires, I personally prefer a larger quad with IRS and a more plush ride. Lighten up on the big bore utilitiy guys, good grief!!

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your Yamaha Wolverine 450, I am buying one in 3 weeks - need advice!