Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Titles and manufacturer credit cards

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titles and manufacturer credit cards

Anyone know how the titling of your machine works when you buy it using a manufacturer credit card? Does the title have a lein against it until the balance is paid down to zero?

Old 06-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about your state, but here, the DMV holds the title until the machine is paid off. Then, you have to go through months of headache to get the title from them.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ajd187
Anyone know how the titling of your machine works when you buy it using a manufacturer credit card? Does the title have a lein against it until the balance is paid down to zero?
Yes,, The credit card co has the title in their name untill its paid off, that way its easiser for them to repo it when you skip a payment. When you do pay it off they won't automaticy send you the title, you have to call and ask for it, then when you get the title you have up to 90 days to get it transfered in ur name. If you fail to do that it will be a hassle when you sell it. You can't sell it unless the title is in ur name. You know what I mean? when its paid off and you get the title and the name of the owner is ur credit card co, you are not the legal owner.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ajd187
Mine was bought on the yamaha credit card......they DID NOT keep the title....it WAS titled in my name....

Old 06-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Mine was titled in my name, but the company was listed as the leinholder.

When you have about six payments/months left on the loan, refinance it through a local bank or credit union. Then when you pay it off, someone locally will be holding the title. Much easier to get it then.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

There was no leinholder on mine....same as if I bought it with the AAA platinum plus or any other card

That same title I took to the credit union to be signed over to them till paid off..

oh yeah....get that AAA platinum plus card for 5% off gas at pump...it comes off your statement every month...kicks ****

Old 06-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Range Rover

I just bought mine in Ohio, and i bought it on the Honda card. I don't have the Actual title they sent me a memorandom title. the quad is in my name and everything, i just don't have the actual title, until i get it paid off. then the bank sends it to you. What i am gonna do is pay on it with the low APR for the first year which it at 7.9% then when that is up, i am going to take out a different loan, because the Honda card then goes up to like 22% i believe.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Bought mine on Suzuki's plan. The title was in there name and I had to call for it, they had it 3 months after it was paid off. It took 3 weeks to get the title and then you have to take it to the DMV and change it to your name with in 90 days or so.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

Iwas reading this post was wondering if your eiger is treating you right ive been thinking of getting one ? how many mile do you have on it and hoestly you opion of it. Im almost sold on a acrtic cat cause of the suspension. can suzuki keep up in the ruff stuff ? I know they have the same motor but are you happy and would you preffure oil and air cooled or liquid ?

Old 06-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer

I just bought my 06 KFX400 brand new 2 weeks ago using my Kawi card and I'm holding my title/certificate of origin in hand. It’s just like a regular credit card with some fancy payment options.

Chris