Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Am I a bad Dad ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I a bad Dad ???

congrads on the crysler, those things are fast . and the boy got a job. good deal pops.

and to the other dude whats up man ? what other post you talking about were i am mean to kids? i read a story wrong and thaught some dude was buying a bike for a 19 year old and was loosing all kinds of sleap over it and it's cracked frame. i said a few hard words sort of like who cares the dude is 19 he could buy his own. 19 is not a kid and once i realized my mistakes i backed upand opoligized. dont you wory about my kid. he's fine.i am a loving father and my son will kick you square in the shin if i tell him to.LOL

Old 12-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: carlw
congrads on the crysler, those things are fast . and the boy got a job. good deal pops.

and to the other dude whats up man ? what other post you talking about were i am mean to kids? i read a story wrong and thaught some dude was buying a bike for a 19 year old and was loosing all kinds of sleap over it and it's cracked frame. i said a few hard words sort of like who cares the dude is 19 he could buy his own. 19 is not a kid and once i realized my mistakes i backed upand opoligized. dont you wory about my kid. he's fine.i am a loving father and my son will kick you square in the shin if i tell him to.LOL
carlw, Let it go. Everything that was talked about was on this thread. Your just making thing's worse with this last statment. Beside's the man appoligized. Read this thread from beginning to end and hopefuly you can understand.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wildnorthern
The reason your kid is grumpy is because he is SPOILED and used to getting what he wants apparently. It is scary how badly americans are in debt. The only thing I will ever take out a loan for in reguards to my children is college!
Well thats just great....slam someone for going in debt and admit you will have to get a loan for your childs education. How about saving for your childs education there Mr. financial guru?

Old 04-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Trailblazer

well heck, im 18 and id be exstatic if my dad bought me a brand new quad, but that would wear off, and theres something about paying for it yourself that makes you more greatful for it and i think its good to learn the value of a dollar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] so no, your not a bad father; your doing him a favor by not spoiling him.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definetly not a bad dad.
I would love to be in the position of mr.Motof150 and be able to rush right out and buy whatever I wanted to,
man I would have another new quad, a sportbike, a new tundra, new toy hauler, and a new tacoma, plus about 2000 acres to ride on.
But for now like the rest of the world I will make due with my first new quad ever.
I got a summer job when I was 14 and that is how I paid for two of my dirtbikes(old pieces of crap but hey they worked)

Old 04-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

no, your not a bad dad at all. my dad also started me off on quads, first the bayou, then we traded in on a used bigbear. now that im older and can get out and work for myself he's done buying, which i understand completely and am in a way thankful for. im planning on selling the old suzuki that i bought and fixed up a little and buying a used 400ex, ill be able to do it with the money i saved from last year and working again this summer. ill be honest, theres some things i deffinitally wouldnt of done with the bigbear if i had paid for it with my own money. when i pay for something with my own money i appreciate it alot more. the same thing with rebuilding my 230, once i had it back together i couldnt get the grin off my face the first time it started up..ill be sorry to see it go. but back on topic..coming from the otherside i agree with almost all these posts and you and your son are not alone lol.