Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Need help finding the perfect ATV for me, please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding the perfect ATV for me, please help

Alright I am new to the forums, hello, now I like to drive fast, i like to do tricks like wheelies, donuts burnouts jumps, mud boggin and i would like an ATV with reverse and such, i am looking for an atv between 350 and 520, here is what i am currently looking into but you may suggest others if you think they would be better for me:

All 2007 models:

Yamaha YFZ450
Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4
Honda TRX450R (Electric start)
Suzuki Z400
Polaris Outlaw 525

Basically i want a sporty ATV that can ride fast go off jumps do tricks, go mud boggin good and have reverse, 4WD would be best for mud boggin, and i like upgrades too, lol. Anyways let me show you a couple pictures of what i did over the weekend with my 2002 yamaha raptor 80 (and below in that mud hole i currently made, my raptor gets stuck there every single time so far and we end up pulling it out ourselves):

and i have no pictures of me going off jumps, i just made a 2foot jump and i plan to make, learn, go off bigger ones eventually (not huge *** ones) please reply and thank you!!

Old 11-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

One quad fits the ride. The Renegade

Old 11-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Suzuki Vinson 4x4 semi-auto shift machine, its perfect, its a mud bogging 4x4 utility machine and at the same time its a 2 wheel drive sport race machine. The Yamaha 450 Wolverine is a belt drive engine, same exact engine as the belt slipping Kodiak 450. Note: the older 2004 Yamaha Wolverine is a gear drive engine, thats a excellent choice but you won't find a used one cause the people that own one don't sell of trade in good quads. The Suzuki Vinson is 500 cc's it has the speed and power as good as any 650-700 cc utility quad.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Or you can look at the other forums and plainly see that motof150 is a crack smoker

Old 11-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

thank you for the posts, one quick question, is the outlaw 4 wheel drive or what? how good is it at mud boggin, in the pictures my raptor could probably get out of that easier if it was 4 wheel drive, but i can't change that and im not sure what the limit is with the outlaw and other ATV's. I like sporty atv's but then i also want it to have reverse and have a choice of 2wd and 4wd, like the wolverine, it has a button that switches from one to another. I like the wolverine, but the weight is kind of intimidating to me (the weight doesn't really matter but the wolverine weighs alot, my atv weighs half of it) im probably going to cross yfz450 off the list because it doesn't have reverse. So please continue with the posts and if you know em' can you answer my quick questions in this post, thank you!!!!

Old 11-28-2006, 10:40 PM
DS2
Range Rover

I thought of the wolverine or polaris scrambler 500 while reading your post because of the mudding (not too deep I assume) and reverse requirements. Both are quite an upgrade from an 80cc.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

V2 hit the nail on the head. Can-Am Renegade. This is gonna be the baddest quad out.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Pro Rider

maybe you don't know this but every ATV Polaris and Can Am makes is a belt drive! Any belt drive lacks the low end power you will need to serious fast track riding like wheelies and jumps, if ur out riding with other fast sport ATV's you will be the laughing stock, everybody will make fun of you cause ur running a belt drive, im just saving you the shame and embarressment.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

We all make fun of you on this board Moto and you don't run a belt drive transmission on your bike. You're the laughing stock of this forum. How do you bear the embarassment and lack of respect?

Old 11-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your list is kind of hard to figure out, seeing you have four high end sport quads mixed in with a wannabe hybrid 4wd.

If you must have 4wd, then I think you have your answer right there........

Quick Reply: Need help finding the perfect ATV for me, please help