Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Help with new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 06:45 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Help with new ATV

I know that this has been discussed before, but no matter how I search this forum I cannot find a comprehensive answer to this question. Besides with all the new "Christmas" ATV's being purchased I think that this question will be helpful to many of us "newbie?s". This is my first ATV and my kid (9 years old) is gonna freak.

First of all, I took some advice from this forum and purchased a 125cc Jetmoto stroke from Raceway. I was as painless as could be. It arrived in about three days. They are great people so far.

Now that I have received the ATV, I need some recommendations on assembly. I have seen mention of putting in new (quality) oil and putting in a new spark plug, but what other advise / experience can you guys offer. Basically I am asking for a list of what needs to be done at the time of assembly to get the maximum life and performance from this new machine. I am not looking for performance upgrades at this time; I just want to make the most of what I have now.

Are there any trouble or safety issues that I need to address now in order to avoid future problems? Which plug and oil is the best?

Anything you could offer is appreciated.

Old 12-13-2006 | 07:58 PM
Range Rover
Default Help with new ATV

i got my son one of those cheap chinese 4 wheelers a few weeks ago. it has been great so far.

i am going to change the spark plug when the one in it goes bad.i will use a NGK brand plug.

the battery in it works just fine. i will replace it when it goes bad with whatever NAPA has that fits.

he rode it around for a few days with the oil that was in it. then i changed it out with chevron DELO 400 15/40. the same oil i run in everything and always have.