Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!

I am in the market to get my 7 yr old son an atv for Christmas. Having a limited budget for this ruled out all of the name brands. I found a couple of "off brands" and thought that I had found something. I found a Big Tex Motorsports dealer in Beaumont, TX and a SunL dealer here in Houston. The BTM dealer can put me on a 50cc "racer" for $550. The SunL dealer would let me have a 110cc "racer" for the same $550. I thought that I had made a hell of a deal until I found the "SunLsucks" website! Is there anything to that or was that site put up by a competitor? Are the SunL atv's really that bad? Has anyone had any luck (good or bad) with either of these products? Any help with this would be appreciated as I was planning on going to buy one of them this Saturday.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP!!

I'd start browsing through posts in the 'Kids quads and other" section. I think that what you'll find is that while the Chineese quads are not up to the name brands quality (or price!) that they are getting better. Some are better than others and most require some basic maintainence steps prior to being used. You might also want to check what's offered by Raceway, as they seem to get high marks for customer service.

Jaybee

Old 12-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!

I own Chinese ATV's but have never owned a SUNL. However, it has been hit or miss with the SUNL's. It seems there are more that have had problems with them than haven't. I personally would steer clear of the SUNL's and if you are going to buy Chinese, buy Jetmoto, Redcat, or Kazuma. I have owned my Redcat 150 for over 6 months now with no real issues. Good luck!