Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Does # of posts on this site indicate brand sales?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does # of posts on this site indicate brand sales?

i wouldnt go out and buy a honda just because they sell more though. basicly all of the atv companies (besides polaris) have pretty good quality machines. even arctic cat makes good quads. and about the yamaha and polaris breaking down, i have never seen more broken down yamahas than hondas

Old 02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, but the companies that make the most money, can afford to spend the most on R&D.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed those numbers were from 2005. I saw something recently that showed that the 2006 numbers were about the same. Around here in the Southeast, what I see on the trails pretty much follows those numbers with Honda and Polaris outnumbering all by far. Can-Am has gotten a big boost lately though with the new 500, 650, and 800. And yes, you see more posts because of more issues. I am not bashing at all. Just take a look at the topics and see for yourself.
In the Honda section, it seems like more than half of the posts are about questions concerning whether a 400EX is faster than__________. (fill in the blank)

Old 02-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

has a lot to do with the local dealerships also. If the local honda dealer sucks and there is a great suzuki dealer in town, you'll probably see more suzukis near you. I have a Suzuki dealer 5 miles away, but I always travel to the yamaha, honda, kawasaki dealer because I prefer the dealership. If the Suzuki shop was a better dealership, they would get all my business.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

On the trails here in Southern AZ I seem to see the same thing TLC does - mostly Pols and Yammies by far. Like... it's almost rare to see anything else.

But statistics posted here insist that they sell more Hondas than anything else ...

So what we've really established is that there are more Honda quads sitting unused in the garage than any other brand. Are they broke down? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Dont' get mad at me - I'm only bustin' 'em on ya, and pretty gently I think. I've owned Honda stuff and I KNOW it's just about unkillable. I do respect the Big Red, I promise.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are definite local trends in different parts of the country!

For instance, So. Calif. is SPORT QUAD COUNTRY! While you see more utes these days, just a few years ago if you were on a utility you would get steriotyped as some kind of "BANJOLAND HILLBILLY". I was absolutely embarassed to even be seen on a ute. This negative experience may account for some of my general dislike for utes which carries on even to this day.......

I did a recent trip to southwest Oregon, and it was nothing but Ranchers everywhere. I was a bit surprised at the relative absense of large utes, and the little Hondas definitely ruled.

Last time I was in Utah, lots of very out of shape overweight senior citizens on monster huge utes.......they are no doubt going to be needing all those winches!

Old 03-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey reconranger I'am one of those fat old guys you've seen riding around Utah. Every summer we go out on vacation and rent and ride. My wife and I are finally getting our own quads this mouth. Remember its us baby boomers and older who are giving lots time and money to organizations like CORVA!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TLC, Yamaha must have a lot of ute sales in Ontario. A few summers ago my family ate at a restaurant that was right next to some ATVOntario trails, and Yammie utes outnumbered everything else 2 to 1. Here in Western NY, there is really a pretty wide representation, although the group I ride with is predominantly ruled by Yamaha sport quads. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in post numbers for any particular forum being indicative for units sold/in use though. For instance, many of the popular individual models have websites specific to them. Many of the "regulars" there may not post much over here. There is another big site w/ forum that used to be Honda sport specific. It has now gone on to be a site for all quads, but the largest number of posts is still from the Honda faithful.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in the great white north , Hondas are a rare lots of different brands ,but afew honds on average .

Old 03-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

here polaris outnumbers everything 3 to 1 cause well i am 10 miles from the factory and all the employees get discount. i go down the road to thief river and arctic cat outnumbers everything 3 to 1 but i agree it depends on what good dealers you have close to you is gonna sway alot of ppl to ride a certain brand. and that was a cool websight i didn't know i couldn't put a snorkel on an atv in minnesota. lol guess that is just another one of those idiotic minnesota rules, oh btw when i get my new atv this spring i am putting a snorkel on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]