Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Obtaining Title

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obtaining Title

A quick question about obtaining titles so I can register my quads.

I am in PA

I have 2 quads, 1 is a 300EX that was a basket case that I rebuilt with new frame etc. The other is a Sportman 90. Both were purchased from local Ebay sellers with bill of sales but without titles.

The 300EX I believe originated in Maryland and the Sportsman I have no idea.

I know that there are out of state companies that you "sell" your vehicle to and then they sell it back to you with a title.

Does anyone know any of these companies or what I would do in the state of PA in order to get a title?

Thanks for any help!

Old 04-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Obtaining Title

Check with your local courthouse first, as the rules change from place to place. They can do a search to see of the VIN# is registered anywhere and if not, can issue you a title. It's actually easier if no title has ever been issued - if they find someone else in possession of a title you will need to get it transferred from them. Where I live, you need to bring in a tracing of the VIN# (place a piece of paper over the number and rub with the side of a pencil) to prove that you are actually in possession of the quad. I've only had to to this for one quad and the cost wasn't much - under $20 IIRC.

Jaybee