Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

The best is obvious

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well there are quiet a few good "big boys" out on the trails. I am pretty parshel to Big Red's line up. I have rode a 98' Honda FOurtrax 300 through just about every terrain. It has went through water way above the racks (no snorkel) and bud way up to the seat. This quad has a 2000 pound whinch and has bogged down more than once while trying to pull this hog from mud. It pulls two people down trails with ease. With a checkup at the dealership and normal oil changes this quad is almost indestructable. We have rolled it about five times. Through all these times the only thing that has ever broken is the choke swith. it has broken twice. that is the only thing. finally when my friend took my quad to an MX track he finally broke it. He saw a Modified Banchee going about ten foot in the air on a table top jump and well it ended up in him being dared to jump it with my quad. (702lbs altogether, whinch, accessories} He had about 100 yard run and had it maxed out when he hit the jump. he went jest about where the Banchee was jumping, about ten foot in the air. But unlike the banchee when he landed the rear tires broke the beads and lost pressure and the rear axle broke. all and all he did about 800 dollars in damage. remeber this is a quad not ment to get over a few feet over the ground in the air. SO this quad is tough. And dispite my mishap i think it is a desent jumper for such a heavy weight. I mean it did get as high as a banchee. the banchee wasn't tapped out but that is still pretty high. now everything is fixed and I know that a banchee or ds650 or raptor will smoke me on normal land racing. But you take any of them on a race through my kind of mud and you will see who will win. THe Ds650 will blow a head gasket, the raptor will just simply stop, and the banchee will blow the motor. I know this from experiences. I have raced all of these. and this is what happened... HONDA IS BEST ON EARTH

Old 12-31-2000, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Remember kids, don't try that type of jump at home.LEAVE THOSE UP TO THE PROS. Ride safe.

Old 12-31-2000, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

I don't want to start nothing, but I know for sure your suspension is down to crap after that jump. My buds that own 300's suspension is waaay f*cked up. i don't like the susp. on them things at all. it is the cheapedt thing i've ever seen. VERY VERY and I mean VERY tough quad tho. My friend has bent axle, totally shot handle bars, lost his front rack, cracked plastic all over, bent back rack(say it ten times fast,it'll get ya), and it was obviously jumped, sunk, and definately flipped countless time. He's not even done payin it off and he found out it's worth $600 in its current condition(Seriously! Got it checked out.) But what does it do... it's starts up everytime he needs it too. He never changes the oil, maybe once in a long while. It is definately the most durable quad I've ever seen, and I mean ever.

Altho i did flip my Scrambler, chased it, got on it, and started it right up and drove home. I was also able to bend the handle bars back before my parents saw.LOL Awesome quads.

98 Scrambler 500 4x4 Purple and lovin' it

Old 01-02-2001, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 300 Fourtrax 2wd and it has been very reliable. I wish it had better suspension, though.

Old 01-07-2001, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, couldnt have raced them very long... what is a banchee? just givin ya s#it..