Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

confused

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused

Thanks for the last two responses they where alot of help maybe I should spend that little bit more for something newer.I looked at the honda and it is a much better looking machine really good I'm very thankfull for the help to just go out and spend that kind of money and not know what to look for is just stupid. I will let you know what I end up getting thank you all for the help.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default confused

I'm back to thank all of you who helped me in my choice in this , so in the end of
this I purchased a 1998 450 honda foreman for $2800 canadian I'm glad I waited till the right one came along. One litle problem, the outer left cv boot is ripped is it hard to fix tge boot or do I need to buy the whole shaft.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default confused

Congrats on your new machine. I'm sure it will give you many fun years of service. I think you made a good choice.
Take in easy at first and be safe. And most of all, have fun!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default confused

thanks

Old 10-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default confused

sierra the best investment you can make for quad is an O.E.M. , Haynes or Chilton Service and Repair Shop Manual that cover's the brand and model of your atv ; it will pay for itself with the first service and cv boot repair alone ! And you picked a good quad in the Honda Foreman , my first atv was a 86' Honda TRX 350 Foreman with fulltime 4x4 , i bought it in feb. 1989 when it had about 20 hours on it ; i sold it to my youngest brother Nov. 2005 he rode it hard and didn't do regular maintence oil change's or cleaning and reoiling the air filter one of my other brother's told me today that Keith think's it's jumped time ! I but i used it like bull dozer blazing new trail's , it was built heavy duty with a big heavy straight axel front end and the swing arm rear differentical with dual shock's front and rear ; but it was a bear to handle but it was the toughest atv i ever owned it never let me down in the rough terain of the Cohutta wilderness of Northeast Ga Mt trail's ! I know if i had kept the quad it would still run as good as the day i bought it ! I put it through some of the roughest terrain in Ga and TN. , the old 86' to 88' Model's had the fuel tank's under the seat and me and my cousin Darmon who passed way in late 1998 rode our quads down a creek that had some deep hole's so deep they would float ; and i made the mistake of trying to ride the Foreman double with another cousin Tim down the creek and hit a real deep hole after Beaver's had built a dam and i hit it to fast and the quad when under for just a second the water came up to the seat ! I got a wet behind while Tim jumped up on the rear rack to keep from getting wet , and that didn't help matter's one bit ; but it bobbed back up and floated a few yard's before before the wheel's touched ground ; i got water in the tank because the gas cap had a bad seal and i didn't check it untill the tank started to rust ! Costing me $289.00 plus tax , i bought my late cousin's 93' Suzuki LTF4WD 300 King Quad ; then Feb. 7th 2006 i bought a 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS Auto with diff locker and a switch that allow's 2wd 4w4 ! The AC 400 is powered with the Suzuki 376cc engine , and Suzuki's Duramatic belt driven clutch fully auto ; and i love the Cat ! Good luck with your Foreman the model year you choose ride's a lot better that the old 86" to 88"'s did ! ..........