Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which Chinese ATV manufacturer is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, you got me, I'm just making up stories about the Polaris because I have nothing better to do.

For those (serious folks) reading this who are in the same boat as I am, I'll post a link to the video review once it's complete. Should be a few weeks.

Btw... there are just as many good stories about the China bikes as there are bad stories.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Btw.. here is a photo I just snapped of the drive shaft with the new weld. Should I go take a photo of the small incline and the 6" bump the quad went over at 10 mph too? I don't how it broke the shaft, but it did.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Good luck with the new purchases a repairs on the old one.

When you do write the review, you may want to start a new thread for it. I doubt it will get many views here in an old thread.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Scooter, I will do that. I ended up on this thread several times while researching these bikes. Seems to have some ranking with Google. It's very hard to find neutral reviews for these things.

One thing I'd like to add... I'm a computer programmer and have done quite a bit of computer repair work. To me, this is like a customer asking if they should buy the cheap Acer laptop or spend 3 times as much for a higher quality machine. In the end it's all the same... it depends how you are going to use them. If the laptop is going to sit on their kitchen table and surf the web, then get the cheap one. If the client plans on abusing and they know it'll take some tumbles and falls and they want to play the latest games, then spend 3 times as much. I'm buying the Acer version of these bikes, that's how I see it

Old 04-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

One last bit of information some may find relevant to the conversation.

While researching these bikes, one of the things I found out was that many of the factories in China that produce these bikes are the same factories that produce a ton of parts for Hondas, Yamahas and even Polaris. I also found that many of the parts are the very same spec used on those, and because the Chinese are a bit of rip-offs, some of it is even interchangeable.

Some of the other parts on Hondas, Yamahas and Polaris are made in Mexico as well.

Food for thought.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum Wizzik! Not sure how you have such positive thoughts for something you dont own yet.. but...Im looking forward to your review..

Since you didnt say. or maybe I missed it.. Which "brand" did you buy? Or maybe I should ask which "brand" are you selling?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not selling anything, but I see this forum is full of doubters and people who are quick to call others' character into question.

I've decided on the TaoTao or Coolster models, because they are easy to get parts for. Now, I'm just caught between the 110cc and 125cc. There is a $250 difference between them. I think I'm going with the smaller 110cc as I believe the kids would have an easier time with them, but then part of me says to go with the 125 so they can grow into them.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

And I do own one of them, but it's a dirt bike, not a quad. I've been all through the dirt bike. We got it used. It's actually what got me looking at these china quads. The bike is well built for what it is. The welds seem good, and it runs great. I'm not too fond of the drum brakes though, the rotors seems quite cheap, but it does stop the bike no problems. It's one of the things I'd like to upgrade if I can. Really, the only gripe I have about the bike is the size of the tires. They are very small. The tires on the quads are much bigger.

And for what it's worth, my 8 yr old son just learned to ride on this bike. It handled me (160 pounds) on the back with him riding until he was able to go himself.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

On second thought. I really thought being an atv forum there would be some neutral support or at least curiosity here. I know there are a lot of people seeking information on these quads rather than some 250 pound redneck bitching about what junk a 110cc is because it broke while his fat *** was hitting a jump with it, but I guess I was wrong.

The only responses I've received so far have been shots at my character. I don't need this. I'm trying to help out others with an honest review of these things and not a biased perspective. I even said up front if they were junk, the video I intend to make would show it.

Good luck with this forum. For anyone interested in a good review of these things, check YouTube in a couple of weeks. I'll try to make it easy to find.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Wizzik
On second thought. I really thought being an atv forum there would be some neutral support or at least curiosity here. I know there are a lot of people seeking information on these quads rather than some 250 pound redneck bitching about what junk a 110cc is because it broke while his fat *** was hitting a jump with it, but I guess I was wrong.

The only responses I've received so far have been shots at my character. I don't need this. I'm trying to help out others with an honest review of these things and not a biased perspective. I even said up front if they were junk, the video I intend to make would show it.

Good luck with this forum. For anyone interested in a good review of these things, check YouTube in a couple of weeks. I'll try to make it easy to find.

Wow,truth hurts,eh? LOLMaybe u and your 160 lb skinny *** city boy relatives don't know how to maintain something. An isolated broken driveshaft versus the 500,000 good ones doesn't really prove anything. What kind of troubles are these others having with the Hondas,Yamahas,etc? You're not getting attacks on your character at all,you're just not hearing what you want to hear! People have tried to give you honest advice and you don't want to listen. Now go buy that POS Chinese quad you big baby!

Quick Reply: Which Chinese ATV manufacturer is the best?