Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Brute, Grizz, Sportsman, or King- Cant Decide between the 4

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute, Grizz, Sportsman, or King- Cant Decide between the 4"></title><script src=

First of all I am no pro on the subject I have owned suzuki and hondas and both really are not in the front of the pack, I love the yamaha's but I am in love with the Kawasaki 700 prarie what a power house that you can tear up and it just keeps going, the only problem have had is to much power which is not enough,or a problem the brute force is independent rear susp. which I am not a fan of I like the fact with a straight axle the front can come up at anytime in anything I ride in the worst mud you have ever seen I have drug moose out of unimaginable places, and I have towed all of the before mentioned bikes other than the artic cats which are not around here and must say the3 outlander is a big peice of junk and should sit in the yard next to anyone who bought a polaris. Big green rides a little tight but in times of need you will be in front of ecverything but a Rhino. They go places 4 wheelers only dreamed about.

Kawasaki 700 prarie / clutch kit, cams, pendleton series pipe,27"mud lites, jets ,moose rev limit,freaky power.

Yamaha rhino 660/ 27" mud lights, moose rev limit.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brute, Grizz, Sportsman, or King- Cant Decide between the 4

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bones4wheelin

... to much power which is not enough...

</end quote></div>

Huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2008, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brute, Grizz, Sportsman, or King- Cant Decide between the 4"></title><script src=

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: priesman64

comparing the grizzly to the kingquad there really isnt much of a difference between the two but the motor and the maker the rest is almost identical except it doesnt have eps of course</end quote></div>

For 2009 the King Quad does have EPS as an option now. So...I totally agree...the Grizz and King are vertially identical...and both really solid machines.

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2008, 06:29 AM
rv
Pro Rider

any of you people see the new mud bug 700 on the Artic cat site cat is comming out with in 09 looks like a cool bike

Old 10-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got a Gizz two weeks ago after asking numerous people around the area, posting on this site, and posting on grizzlycentral. I rode all three of these and just felt the most comfortable on the Grizz. The power steering is awesome, it rides smooth, and it's PLENTY fast enough (unless you're going to race it...of course, then you should be looking at a sport atv). Just my two cents.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:51 AM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ClemsonChad

I got a Gizz two weeks ago after asking numerous people around the area, posting on this site, and posting on grizzlycentral. I rode all three of these and just felt the most comfortable on the Grizz. The power steering is awesome, it rides smooth, and it's PLENTY fast enough (unless you're going to race it...of course, then you should be looking at a sport atv). Just my two cents.</end quote></div>

Sometimes when people ask how fast my ATV goes I tell them, but sometimes I just say who cares, it's not made for racing anyway. I guess that's why a 500 is big enough for me, I don't race it.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Good for you, Chad! They are great quads that will go anywhere with comfort.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Range Rover

i dontthink i would of like polaris awd.. it doesnt engage until ur almost stuck in the mud

Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondarider94

i dontthink i would of like polaris awd.. it doesnt engage until ur almost stuck in the mud</end quote></div>

Maybe it works that way for you but that's not how it works for me.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

well no i dont have a polaris.. but 4 the past 4 pages ive read i dont think that i would like it... like ive road a 750 brute and used diff locks..

like id rather come upp to a mud pit, and say well ill need diffs on and pull the yellow handle for diffs and goose it and go in.. then get into the mudand have a wheel start slipping..

but im not hatin im just statin an opinon

Quick Reply: Brute, Grizz, Sportsman, or King- Cant Decide between the 4