Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Brute, Grizz, Sportsman, or King- Cant Decide between the 4

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute, Grizz, Sportsman, or King- Cant Decide between the 4"></title><script src=

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondarider94

well no i dont have a polaris.. but 4 the past 4 pages ive read i dont think that i would like it... like ive road a 750 brute and used diff locks..

like id rather come upp to a mud pit, and say well ill need diffs on and pull the yellow handle for diffs and goose it and go in.. then get into the mudand have a wheel start slipping..

but im not hatin im just statin an opinon</end quote></div>

Well then you didn't read RickCJ7 posts. He clearly explained how the AWD works, it doesn't slip! When the rear tire rotates 1/5 of a revolution more than the front it automatically locks in 4 wheel drive. When traction is regained the AWD automatically releases the front wheels back to 2 wheel drive.
I like how he compared it to a Detroit Locker, not the same but works just like it.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Brute, Grizz, Sportsman, or King- Cant Decide between the 4"></title><script src=

I had a 2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 with AWD and did not care for it because it did not have "Decent Control". The new Sportsman has this feature and thus eliminates any complaints I had with the AWD system as to how it functions. I must admit I am always a little leery of "automatic" stuff like that and how durable/reliable it will be, but I have not heard of anyone having problems with it, so it must be pretty reliable. I kept mine in AWD a lot and I never felt the rear tires slip at all before the front tires engaged. I am sure it must have because this is what causes it to engage, but it was so seamless as to be unnoticeable. I used mine mostly for steep uphill runs and to climb over logs or run down trees and it worked flawlessly. I sold it and bought a 08 700 Grizzly, but would not hesitate t recommend a Polaris to anyone as they seem to be really good machines and an especially good value.

06 Rhino
08 Grizzly

Old 10-27-2008, 07:13 PM
DCT
Banned

priesman64,

I think anyone of those ATV's you've listed would be a fine choice.

When I was picking out my ATV, I tried to consider what I would be using it for, and how it rode. I'm an older guy (57), so I wanted something easy on the bones. Also, I wanted a good plow system, and the Polaris Glacier System seemed tough to beat, and super easy to use.

With than said, if I were 30 years younger, and trail riding was my main concern, I would probably opt for a more nimble machine... probably the Grizz. Although, I'm sure you can find reasons to pick the King Quad or the Brute Force if you ride them a bit.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bones4wheelin

must say the3 outlander is a big peice of junk and should sit in the yard next to anyone who bought a polaris. /q]

WTF dude.... have you ever even drove one? Oh yeah I guess the most powerful (in 2008 anyways) 800, 600, and 500 utility quad is a huge piece of junk. I guess being able to have two passengers on it comfortably makes it a huge piece of junk.

How bout you state some facts before you call anything huge pieces of junk. Same with the Polaris. The 09 sportsman looks like a nice machine... most powerful 800 I think... same as the Can-Am you can have two riders at the same time.

How about we learn some grammatical skills? And stop random bashings of quads?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer

The Grizzly 700 has the best offroad capabilities due to it's agility, lightweight, diff lock, ground clearance, wide a-arcs, and other factors.

The new Sportsman 850 xp is the only ATV that gives it a run for it's money. The Grizzly 700 has won every type of utility ATV award since it came out but the 850 xp has a very powerful engine, amazing engine braking (but I don't like how you have to be going slower than 15 mph for it to work), the best suspension, good traction system, most powerful lights and radiator cooling but it weighs WAY to much. Did I mention you could also get it in EPS? I prefer a Grizzly though cause their transmission is better and their belts don't burn fast under stress like the Sportsmans. Tehir also much lighter and more agile and have wide a-arcs.

Don't listin to these guys complaining about the Grizzlys ride either it's the number 1 selling ultility quad. People love the ride.

So for engine power, torque, and speed look into either the Sportsman 850 xp, Thundercat 1000, or Can Am 800.

For suspension smoothness and plushness the Sportsman is the best but the Grizzly, Can Am and Thundercat are good to.

Agility..look into the King Quad and Grizzly.

Overall offroad performance....Sportsman, Grizzly (best option), Thundercat

Reliability....Honda Rincon, Grizzly, King Quad, Brute force

Engine braking...they all got good engine braking

Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer

my friends dad has a 800 polaris and i have rode it and i have also ridin a king quad 700! i personally like the polaris because it is very smooth! I liked the king quad, but i didnt like how it rode over tough terrain and idk what in the world this dude is talkin about when the grizzly out ran a sportsman 800! i rode the 800 and i was doin excactly 30mph and i floored it and the front end came up about 5 inches and did that until about 50 mph! i think that polaris knows what they are talking about when it comes to atv's!